Sunday 9 March 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - SUNDAY - 09/03/2014 - IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


IDENTIFY YOUR ENEMIES I

MEMORISE
Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.
Psalm 35:1

READ
Luke 18:1-3

1 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

MESSAGE
In the School of Disciples of the ministry I oversee, one of the three principal Modules is: Know Your Enemy. It is very necessary that you identify who your enemies are. There is an adage in my native language which says: “When God has revealed your enemies to you; they can no longer kill you.” The assumption is that once you can identify who your enemies are, you would be able to relate with them with caution so that they may not harm you. There is an interesting story in 1 Kings 2. David listed all his enemies and by extension Solomon’s enemies and counselled Solomon to do to them as a man does to his enemies (1 Kings 2:5-6).

Enemies are of two categories: internal and external. One is more dangerous than the other. The internal enemy is more dangerous than the external one. The reason is that if the internal enemy does not open the door to the external enemy, then you are secure. Today, we shall discuss the external enemy. For example, Goliath was an external enemy to David, and it was easy for David to kill him. You cannot afford to be gentle with the enemy because if you do not get him first, he will get you. The Almighty is very specific when He said you are “to love your neighbour as yourself,” not more than yourself. In other words, you have to make sure you are secure first before you begin to discuss the security of your neighbour. When the woman in our Bible passage today prayed to the judge: “avenge me of my adversary”, I assume that first of all, the adversary was known to her. The adversary was not a stranger. Secondly, since the adversary was known to her, it means the enemy the widow was praying about was not a new one. Thirdly, the adversary must have wronged her before. She must have had an unpleasant encounter with this adversary. The moment the adversary discovers your weakness, he will keep on hitting you at that particular spot. Fourthly, when the widow said “my adversary”, it means the adversary was personal to her. It is amazing that some people fight other people’s enemies – leaving their own unchallenged. This is foolishness. This is why we need to appreciate pastors, who by virtue of their calling, have to fight on behalf of their members. The fact that the woman cried to the judge shows that she knew she could not fight for herself; she needed a power higher than hers. This is exactly what David knew and wrote in Psalm 35. Cry to God to fight on your behalf against the enemies who want to destroy your destiny.

ACTION POINT

Prayerfully identify your enemies and ask God to deal with them on your behalf.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Jeremiah 38:7-40:16;
 Psalm 56

16 comments:

  1. Thanks alot for always taking time to place this open heavens on this page daily.. God bless you mightily ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you need black magic spell ? Do you want to fix your marriage or relationship or you want to get back with your ex after breakup or you want to put a stop to that Divorce? Do you want revenge on your enemies or you want a death spell cast on someone who has wronged you in the past ? If yes then let me recommend a tested and trusted voodoo man called Dr noble who has helped me to destroy my enemy (Donald) that almost ruined my life just because I got married to his ex girlfriend which was no fault of mine. I contacted Dr Noble for his powerful death spell and in 48 hours Donald died in an accident ,it was the greatest news to me that day finally my enemy is out of the way thank you Noble. Here is Dr Noble's contact via noblesolutiontemple. com or add him on WhatsApp for quicker communication via +2349059610643 . Thank you. Kind regards

      Delete
  2. What about the part in the Bible where we are told to love and pray for our enemies? My understanding of FOR in this context is not for them to be dealt with rather to be sympathize with. How should I proceed in this regard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow dis is interesting,I really appreciate. God bless the brains behind dis,more grace in Jesus name.amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU HAVE NO REASON TO BE UNEMPLOYED!!!...
    A reputable organization Supreme Wellness Resource Concepts(S.W.R.C) is a company situated in Lagos state and is currently recruiting to fill various positions.
    REQUIREMENT: Candidate from any field of study from reputable Higher institution of learning with QUALIFICATION such as ;NCE, OND, HND, BSc.. HOW TO APPLY: Forward your names,age,qualification,location, and phone no. to 07085831941,for a chance to b short listed.. IT student inclusive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lord,see my enemies n handle them urself...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help me oh lord :,...: http://t.co/9aODuSXGOV

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are some friends like enemies and enemies like friends, those are the kind bible says we should love and pray for but external ones that strive with us, fight against us, God will fight against them ps 35:1. May God helps us. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enemies that U know can be best dealt with by ur distance and avoiding them while spiritual enemies U can't face but could be conquered by constant &persistent prayers. May God deliver us all IJN.

    ReplyDelete



  9. A testimony that I will tell everyone to hear. i have been married four 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man PROPHET EHIAGWINA have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my lovely Husband home, and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in same similar problem to met with this man and have your lover back to your self His email: prophetehiagwina @ gmail .com you can also contact him or whatspp him on this +2348139182295 thank so much prophet ehiagwina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to testify of this great death spell caster. This great man helped me cast a death spell on my wicked step father and just within 48hours the wicked man had a motor crash and died. All thanks to this great death spell caster called instant death spell. You too can contact him now for an urgent death spell cast on anyone, droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852.  

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you having issues in your relationship, or finding it difficult to have a child of your own or are you the type having any diseases in your body. I will advice you to contact Dr. Abolo of Abolospell@gmail.com . The potency of his spell is so effective and can reunite broken relationship and can also make one get pregnant know matter the situation and not only that, he also has the power to cure all type of diseases within the period of 48hours.. Contact him today and thank me later.

    Contact details : Abolospell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. After 3 years of suffering, my husband left me and my kids hated me for no reason, I got sacked at work without any genuine reasons, I shared tears daily living a lonely life but I was determined what is the cost of my predicament, one day as I was going through some articles on the internet I saw a testimony of mrs Vanessa testifying how she got her life revived by Dr Iyere the honest man know and I quickly contacted him VIA (driyerespelltemple1@gmail.com) and I explained my situation to him and he told me my ex who I broke up with to my husband was responsible for my misfortune and he vows to frustrate my life because I didn’t marry him. Dr Iyere ask me what I wanted him to do to my ex who is after my life I told him to cast a dead spell on him because as long as he is alive he will never allow me a moment of peace, which he did and within 3 days he was dead and since his death my life have been so transformed, my kids now love me and my husband is back to me I latter got a call to return to work that the sack was a mistake, wow what a miracle… Thanks allot Dr Iyere. You can contact Dr via call or Whatsapp: +2348106427180
    Website:https://driyereherbalcentre.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel so blessed again in my marriage after Doctor Oku brought back my husband that separated with me for a good 3 months. Even though I have mouths all over my body, it won't be enough to thank Doctor Oku for his help in my life. My husband separated with me for 3 months and has been in pain and agony without him. So, I searched for help everywhere but nothing worked out, not until I meant Doctor Oku who I contacted online. I explained my situation to him and he promised that my husband will get back to me within 24 to 48 hours as long as my heart still beats for him. I believed in him and he prepared a spell for me and my husband called me exactly when Doctor Oku said. He pleaded and said he needs me back and now we are living happily again for the past 9 months. Everyone out there reading my article that needs help should contact him... Email: okutemple@gmail.com or whatsApp him +2347053113465

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I'm recommending everyone who needs their lover back. to someone very powerful who can help you get your love back without any stress or delay. Just as he helped me restore my lost love with a 48 hours love spell. You can connect with him on whatsapp +2349032173881 or email dragumbasolutioncenter@gmail.com his spell work is powerful and very active.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is true. Natural herbs have cured so many illnesses that drugs and injections can’t cure. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were cured of HERPES, HIV, diabetics etc by Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with HPV and Herpes for the past 3 years but Dr Akhigbe cured me with his herbs and i referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from Herpes but to God be the glory, they were cured too .I know is hard to believe but am a living testimony. There is no harm in trying herbs, visits to Contact Dr Akhigbe: Email:  Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com,WhatsApp number: +2349021374574..

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews