Wednesday 4 June 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY - 04/06/2014 - LEADERSHIP AND ANOINTING BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



LEADERSHIP AND ANOINTING

MEMORISE
Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Psalm 23:5b

READ
2 Samuel 5:1-3

1 Then came all the tribes of Israel to David unto Hebron, and spake, saying, Behold, we are thy bone and thy flesh.

2 Also in time past, when Saul was king over us, thou wast he that leddest out and broughtest in Israel: and the LORD said to thee, Thou shalt feed my people Israel, and thou shalt be a captain over Israel.

3 So all the elders of Israel came to the king to Hebron; and king David made a league with them in Hebron before the LORD: and they anointed David king over Israel.

MESSAGE
Some people hide under the fact that they have been previously anointed, and by this, pre-suppose that they do not need any further anointing. The truth is that God gives extra anointing to those whom he wants to give extra blessings and glory. Perhaps you have discovered that God has ordained you to be great; you still need to wait for the anointing. The fact that God has deposited the seed of greatness in your life does not mean that you have arrived. You need the anointing to fulfil your vision and achieve your destiny (2 Samuel 5:1-3). The new anointing that God is going to add to your life is going to complete what He has started in your life. One of the reasons why the anointing is so important is that whatever is anointed cannot be reversed by the enemy.

From the scriptures, we understand that David was anointed not just once, or twice, but three times. Whenever God decides to favour someone, and He decides to demonstrate this by anointing the person whom He has chosen over and over again, His intention is to completely silence the enemy and grant victory and blessings to His people. God gives extra anointing to those whom He wants to give extra blessings and glory. The moment God anoints you, a decree goes out from His throne room to back you up. All the negative forces of the universe are commanded to steer clear of the anointed (Psalm 105:14-15).

“He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes; Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.”

Tragically, not all heads are ready to receive the anointing. There were many children in the favoured family of Jesse, but only one of them received the anointing. As a leader, you cannot decide to do whatever you feel like doing and yet expect to receive God’s anointing. The anointing of God is available for those who qualify for it. Are you one of them? Each of the sons of Jesse was eager to receive the anointing, but all their heads except that of David were rejected. May your head never refuse the anointing in Jesus’ Name. The heads of the seven sons of Jesse must have refused the anointing because God knew certain things about them, which perhaps, no one knew. Are there things God knows about you which men do not know? If they are negative things, you can be sure it will disqualify you when it matters most.

PRAYER POINT
Father, I present my head for your fresh anointing for greatness; anoint me till my cup runs over, in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Exodus 27-28; Psalm 119:17-32

15 comments:

  1. Amen. Thank you LORD for a fresh anointing for greatness and let my cup run over in Jesus' Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.thank u jesus for a fresh anointing for greatness and let my cup run over in jesus Name...Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. God continue to anoint me daily in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father give me a fresh anionting 2day, so that my cup run over in Jesus. Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father! I receive fresh anointing 2day for greatness , anoint me oh Lord n let my cup run over.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord God,may my head not refuse your annointing in Jesus Name...Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord anoint my head with your fresh oil today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca Orungba4 June 2014 at 10:23

    Oh Lord Almighty l need more of your anointing to fulfill my destiny here on earth in Jesus Christ Name ..Ameh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father empower me and annoint me daily to fulfil my dream/vision/destiny in Jesus name Amen.

      Delete
  9. More of your anointing oh Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amina kwajaffa4 June 2014 at 12:46

    Father let ur anointin fall on me with visible exploits in jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  11. Help me Lord with your fresh oil of anointing to fulfill my dream and visioni in Jesus name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord, cleanse me from all sins that may prevent me from been anointed. Anoint me for success. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anoint my head oh. Lord

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews