Thursday 25 September 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY - 25/09/2014 - DEFEATIST VOICE BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


DEFEATIST VOICE

Memorise
And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.
Numbers 13:30

Read
1 Samuel 17:33-39

33 And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.

34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock:

35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him.

36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.

37 David said moreover, The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the LORD be with thee.

38 And Saul armed David with his armour, and he put an helmet of brass upon his head; also he armed him with a coat of mail.

39 And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him.

Message
A backslider is known by his or her language. When you listen to the vocabulary of someone who is no longer with God, you will know very quickly that the fellow is a backslider. King Saul had become a backslider when he met David and God had already rejected him. When the problem of Goliath came, as big as he was, he could not stand before Goliath (1 Samuel 10:23). He felt that since he could not face Goliath, this would be true of everyone else. He however received the shock of his life when David showed up. For somebody reading this devotional, the Lord will make you a standard where others have compromised, in Jesus’ Name. In Numbers 13:31-33, we have the story of the ten spies. When they came back from the land flowing with milk and honey, they said “The land is good; however, we cannot take it because of the presence of giants there”. Backsliders always think negatively. There are people who for example believe it is not possible to enjoy divine health all the days of one’s life. There are some people who believe God cannot supply all of their needs without the need to cut corners or play smart. Whenever you hear someone saying “We cannot go forward, let us go back”, you should know you are listening to a backslider. Whenever someone decides to change from doing good to doing the opposite, the person has backslidden.

You must stay away from anything that can annoy God. The more you see His miracles in your life, the closer you must draw to Him. When you separate yourself from God, you will see how vulnerable you can be. You will not be a victim of situation and circumstances in Jesus’ Name. Caleb followed God fully and therefore he could say “We are able”. The song of the steadfast is always full of words like: “I can do it”, “It is possible”, “There is hope”, “I know with God on my side, there is no mountain I cannot climb”. When a man is in contact with God, he sees problems as stepping stones to testimonies. Everyone who is linked with God will be able to say as Paul said in Philippians 4:13:

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

Those who are close to God are always singing songs of victory in the face of trouble. They will prefer to go through fire than to bow to compromise, because they know they can’t burn.

Action Point
Check in what areas of your life you have a defeatist attitude; arise and proclaim what the word of God says about it.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Judges 20-21

Proverbs 1:20-33

5 comments:

  1. Words from the lord, he has given me the power to do all thing through jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am created in the image of God, designed for exploits. I can never be disadvantage in life because of the Spirit of God that dwells in me. IJN Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. i refuse the voice of defeat in my life in jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me. Me and my will not be defeated in Jesus name amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I refuse d voice of defeat, I confess what the scripture says about me "I can do All things through Christ my stregth" IJN

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews