Monday 5 August 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - MONDAY 05/08/2013 - LOSING YOUR BEARING? BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



LOSING YOUR BEARING?

MEMORY VERSE
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
2 Corinthians 13:5

READ
2 Corinthians 13:3-5

2 Corinthians 13:3 Since ye seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, which to you-ward is not weak, but is mighty in you.

2 Corinthians 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

MESSAGE
 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
Matthew 12:33

Anyone in authority that lacks the fear of God is of great danger to the populace. Going by the above scripture, we have an obligation to such persons be they in the church or in the secular world to lead them to Christ. There are some of us who have those in authority as friends, relations, spouses, etc. Ensure you pray and lead them to Christ because, as you make a tree good, the fruit will also become good.

You may not believe this but I discovered a long time ago that it is possible to become a General Overseer or District Overseer without even knowing Christ. I once preached in a church on what it means to be born-again, after which I made an altar call. The pastor approached the altar followed by everyone else. Surprised, I said, Sir, this is not an altar call for transfer of the anointing or power. He replied, Now that you have explained what it is to be born-again, I have realised the need to return to the altar. Thank God for people who are honest who are ready to amend their ways when they realise they have missed it. Even today, many ministers will need to pay a visit to the Cross of Calvary, because this is an era of holiness. How can you be holy if you are not born-again? Some people gave their lives to Christ but presently, they have withdrawn their commitment to Him. Are you still saved? To lie is the easiest sin for some ministers and their wives but they have forgotten that just one lie is enough to drown a soul in eternal hell. One lie a couple told in Acts 5, led to their untimely deaths. If you are a bona fide minister of God, your mouth will feel very heavy if you want to tell a little lie. But if you say it with nothing pricking you, it shows your heart is already hardening. Run to the Cross and begin again. Some people think they are still running the race but they have lost their bearing.

PRAYER POINT 
Father, in any way I have lost my bearing, in Your mercy, bring me back to the right path.

17 comments:

  1. Father, bring me back to my bearing in ur mercy and give me d grace not to derail in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father. By your grace, i'll not derail. In Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fada bring nd lead me out of my lost zone LORD. Nd direct me on ur fatherly bearin. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father in any way dat ℓ̊ hav lost it,bring me back †̥☺ d right track again IJN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father Lord,I need u to bring me back to ur right path in ur mercy,I know I'm zig--zAgging! Only u can make me firm! Help me Lord

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father pls, have mercy on me bring me back to u

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father God, please in anyway I've lost my bearing in life pls bring me back to ur fold, make me yearn for you everyday,every hour, min, second of d day. Help me reach people esp leaders and growing leaders wt ur word in Jesus Name! I submit myself for ur use oh Lord. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. My lost bearing I recover u back in thy name of jesus and every principalities in d 2nd heaven trying to block my prayer from being answered, I send d fire of Holy Ghost to clear u now in jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father av mercy on me and bring me back in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tnk U̶̲̥̅̊ father,av mercy on me in anyway av lost my bearing pls lord bring M̶̲̅ε̲̣ 2 d̶̲̥̅̊ right path Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holysprirt, my companinon my all in all,my teacher & my director. Am still Ur child my God, Father by Ur Divine Mercy,I hav lost my bearin 2U, bring me bk IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father for all the lies, for all the changing of figures, for all the exhibition of weaknesses and many I donot know I say Lord show me mercy and forgive me. I love you and always see you as the one that can help me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Father, in any way I have lost my bearing, in Your mercy, bring me back to the right path and give me Grace not to derail or lose my bearing again In Jesus Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Father in any way I have lost my bearing in your mercy bring me back and may I not derail in the name ofJesus. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. sylvester Eghomwanre5 August 2013 at 11:06

    Father lead me back to ur ways, for i hv lied

    ReplyDelete
  16. sylvester Eghomwanre5 August 2013 at 11:06

    Father lead me back to ur ways, for i hv lied

    ReplyDelete
  17. Father, lead me back to ur ways

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews