Tuesday 27 August 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 27/08/2013 - EXPEDITED PROGRES BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


 

EXPEDITED PROGRESS

MEMORY VERSE
For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
Genesis 26:14

READ
1 Samuel 16:11-13

1 Samuel 16:11 And Samuel said unto Jesse, Are here all thy children? And he said, There remaineth yet the youngest, and, behold, he keepeth the sheep. And Samuel said unto Jesse, Send and fetch him: for we will not sit down till he come hither.

1 Samuel 16:12 And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the Lord said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he.

1 Samuel 16:13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the Lord came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.

MESSAGE 
Besides motionlessness and crawling, the next category of motion is walking. The first two categories have to do with immaturity. When a month old baby is placed somewhere, the legs and hands can be moving in the air but there will be no physical motion. Also, it is toddlers that crawl on their hands and feet; when a toddler wants to move towards maturity, he or she will begin to stand and walk. To walk means to move from one point to another at a uniform pace on foot. The progress that can be attained with this kind of motion is minimal. Most people are at this level of motion. They move from month to month just managing to exist.

However, apart from walking there is leaping as another category of motion. In Acts 3:1-8, when the lame fellow was healed, he began to walk and to leap. To leap is to move by jumping forcefully with a long or high arc. Even though the upward height attained by leaping is temporal, it is still better than just walking. There some things ordinarily beyond your reach but when you leap, you are able to access them. This can be compared in financial terms with a business man who gets one contract in three years. Another category of motion is running. To run is to make steady, speedy progress. In Genesis 26:12-14, we read that Isaac's financial and material blessings took a progressive trajectory. Verse 13 of this scripture says,

And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:

That is progress at some speed. The next category is flying. To fly is to make a fast upward motion and to sustain motion at the height so attained for a while. If you were to go from Lagos to Abuja by running, it could take you at least two days if you are very strong, but if you were to fly in an airbus, it would take you less than an hour. In other words, when you fly, time and results are in your favour. What will take your colleagues so long to accomplish would be achieved at a considerably shorter time by you. For instance, in 1 Samuel 16:11-13, David woke up that morning as a shepherd boy but before evening, he had been anointed king. That is expedited progress far beyond running and this will be your potion this season.

PRAYER POINT
 Father, give speed to my progress

32 comments:

  1. Daddy I Pray this Morning, Give SPEED to my Progress In Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father I pray this morning to please give speed to my progress and business in JESUS Name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lord,pls give speed to my progress in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father, please give me speed to my progress in jesus Name AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord Jesus,I receive speed to my progress in Jesus name ‎

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father,grant me speed in every facet of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father I need a speedy motion in every area of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord almighty please give speed to my progress so that people will see your glory in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mighty Father! Give speed to my life, business and my health in Jesus Name!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord i thank you for the new speed you have giving to my speed in all area of my life in Jesus Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord gv me speed to my progress in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  12. O' Lord God Almighty! Let my progress be Speedy in Jesus name..starting from today,give speed to my progress.... Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GOD,give speed to my progress

    ReplyDelete
  14. Father,I claim speed to my progress in jesus name. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Father grant me speed to Progress, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Father grant me speedy progress, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lord grant speed to my progress in the mighty name of Jesus.Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I receive expedited progress in Jesus name,Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Indescribable Speed is mine in Jesus Name,Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lord Jesus grant me a speedy progress that is beyond human comprehension.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Lord,I don't want to crawl,leap,work or Run anylonger, give me d grace to be a high flier in Jesus Name...Amen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Father I receive the anointing to progress speedily in every area of my life IJN

    ReplyDelete
  23. Father give to my progress IJN (Amen))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Father give speed to my progress IJN (Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Lord, Give speed to my progress In Jesus Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lo.....rd give speed to my progress in jesus name. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just like David, father let me become a millionaire from today in jesus name, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  28. For God to give speed to ur progress you must meet certain terms and conditions like David.Ask him to open ur eyes and understanding to this too. The level of ur revelation determines d level of your elevation.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Father, Give me speed to my progress in JESUS name, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Father,i ask for divine speed from 2day in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  31. Father Lord, give unto me an expedited progress in Jesus name Amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Adejumoke oladipupo28 August 2013 at 08:48

    Father give speed to M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ progress

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews