Sunday 4 August 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - SUNDAY 04/08/2013 - A JOYOUS ENDING BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



A JOYOUS ENDING

MEMORY VERSE
For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.
Proverbs 23:18

READ
Luke 7:11-15

Luke 7:11 And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain; and many of his disciples went with him, and much people.

Luke 7:12 Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her.

Luke 7:13 And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.

Luke 7:14 And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise.

Luke 7:15 And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother.

MESSAGE
Every part of the human body is important and is given to us for some reason. The mouth particularly is given to us to protest against any contrary condition we may be experiencing. If you fail to cry out when you should, you may be prolonging the negative situation you are in. I was out for a prayer walk one night and did not really care if anybody else was around. I had a very crucial issue to settle with God so I laid prostrate on the road. Then one fellow came to me and called Daddy. In my heart I wondered, 'what is his business about this?' Who is daddy when there is trouble? According to Luke 11:9-10, we are instructed to ask, seek and knock but the duration for making the request is not stated; in other words, we are to continue to ask, seek and knock until we receive our desire till our joy is full (John 16:24). How are you asking today?

Moreover, another lesson from the Shunammite woman of 2 Kings 4:18-26 is that all is well that ends well. When you go through the scriptures, you will see several people who encountered problems but at the end, they had a pleasant, glorious ending. How a given situation ends is more crucial. In Mark 2:1-12, we read of a man who was paralysed. He was borne by four people because his situation had made him heavier, but at last he walked home by himself. In Mark 5:1-20, we see how a notorious mad man became an evangelist. Similarly, in Luke 7:11-15, we read of a woman who was happily married and had a son. At some point, she lost her husband then her son, and was embarking on a journey to bury him when she encountered Jesus. At the end, her trip into lasting sorrow became a trip into permanent joy and comfort when the Lord raised up her son from the dead. Are you in a particular sorrowful situation? The Lord will step in and your end shall be glorious. Fear not, the problem you think will kill you will not kill you. The problem will be terminated so that your joy might be full. You shall end in joy.

PRAYER POINT
Father, irrespective of what I am going through today, let my end be glorious.

13 comments:

  1. Father, step into all the situations I am passing through and let my end be glorious in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father let ur will be done in our lives in the mighty name of Jesus! Amen.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dea Father in heaven, pls despite all I'm going thru, and all I will still go thru in life please Lord make my end a glorious and joyous one in Jesus Name! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tnk U̶̲̥̅̊ father 4 U̶̲̥̅̊я word dis morning,U̶̲̥̅̊ said we wil receive wen we seek,ask nd knock,father am askin 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ 2 step in2 d̶̲̥̅̊ situation in my life nd make my end b glorious in jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we Commit all our ways unto him and trust And obey Him, we are sure to have joyous end. Pls trust His word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lord daily loads us with His benefit, no matter hw my day start, let it end gloriously in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. My father and my God come into my situation and turn my life around for the best and let me experience joy unspeakable today in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I receive ur word Lord ..my end shall b glorious In the Name of Jesus amen..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord, I receive the grace to end Gloriously in all ramification in Jesus Name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father favour me in all areas of my life in jesus name.amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. sylvester Eghomwanre5 August 2013 at 10:50

    All my effort to be someone important in the society is been controlled by some member of my family,Lord deliver me from all this wicked poeple be it eny body in my family.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews