Monday 15 July 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - MONDAY 15/07/2013 - FULFILLING HIS PURPOSE BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



FULFILLING HIS PURPOSE

MEMORY VERSE
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will
Ephesians 1:11

READ
Ephesians 1:9-12

Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

MESSAGE
Isaiah 60:1 commands us to arise and shine. To shine is to fulfil your purpose. In Mark 10:46-52, when Bartimaeus was led to Jesus and He commanded his eyes to be opened, He was simply asking his eyes to fulfil the purpose for which they were created. No part of your body is there just for fun: every part has a purpose. Also, in Acts 3:1-8, when Peter commanded the lame man to walk, he was only asking the legs to fulfil their purpose. Whenever Jesus heals or delivers an individual, it is in connection with creating fresh avenues for the fellow to fulfil divine purpose. In Mark 8:14-16, Jesus healed Peter's mother-in-law so that she could serve fulfil her purpose. Are you sick? The healing power of God will touch and heal you so that you can fulfil God's purpose. God's purpose for the mad man of Gadara was to be an evangelist, so when He came to him and met him occupied with insanity which is the devil's purpose, He delivered him and he fulfilled his purpose as an evangelist. Anything hindering you from fulfilling God's purpose for your life shall be removed by the power of the Holy Ghost.

In Esther 4:136, when the nation of Israel was facing organized extermination plans, Mordecai met Queen Esther and told her to fulfill her purpose. May you fulfill your purpose as president, governor, senator, minister, pastor, leader, etc. You are not occupying that vantage position for your own purpose but for His divine purpose. You are not there to serve yourself or to please yourself, but to both serve and please Him. To allow you get into that office or position, He has displaced several other people who also wanted to occupy it. Are you justifying His decision to choose you to serve His purpose? Have you been ordained? If yes, do you know that you were not ordained just to bear a title or so that people will begin to address you by your title, but to fulfill His purpose? God did not call you into the office of a pastor or evangelist so that you can go about shaking your head and announcing that a great man of God is coming, but to preach His Word, win souls, disciple converts, lay hands on the sick, etc. Are you fulfilling His purpose? You cannot shine until you do this.

KEY POINT 
The position a believer occupies, the resources and achievements he gets and every opportunity that comes his or her way are all to help the fellow fulfill a divine purpose.

17 comments:

  1. By God's grace, I'll fulfill the purpose for which I was created IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God let ur purpose 4 my life b reviewed in jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall fulfill the purpose of God for my life in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord use me as your instrument..In Jesus name..Ameeeeen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shall fulfil d purpose for which created in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall fulfil d purpose for which I was created IJN, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the mighty name of jesus, I shall live nd fulfil God's purpose in dis life, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I shall fulfil my purpose in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lord,give me the grace to fufil my purpose in life (amen)

    ReplyDelete
  10. MY creator give my the power to fulfill my destiny, and dnt let evil ppl overcome me IJN....Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. adejumoke oladipupo15 July 2013 at 09:45

    I shall live to fulfill god purpose for my life without any hindrance in jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father of Life help me to fulfill my own purpose in Life. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mighty God help me to fufil my dream and return my glory this month amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I shall fulfil my purpose in Jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. adekunle samson16 July 2013 at 08:15

    Pls lord , Ȋ̝̊ shall not leave dis earth without fulfilling U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ purpose in my life in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews