Wednesday 17 July 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY 17/07/2013 - WATCH ENEMY'S WEAKNESSES BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


WATCH ENEMY'S WEAKNESSES

MEMORY VERSE
I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air
1 Corinthians 9:26

READ
1 Corinthians 9:25-27

1 Co 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

1 Co 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

1 Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

MESSAGE

And Delilah said to Samson, Tell me, I pray thee, wherein thy great strength lieth, and wherewith thou mightest be bound to afflict thee.
Judges 16:6

If you want to bring down your enemy and your focus is on an area where he is strong, it may take you quite a while to get him. Usually, the enemy focuses on the weaknesses of those he wants to get. In the game of boxing, the same is true. If you are planning to take on an opponent, you will immediately commence detailed enquiry on the fellow. You would want to have the video recordings of previous fights he has had. You will want to also know if he has ever been wounded in a fight before and the exact location on his body. Once you get this scar, your focus will be on how to reopen the wound through concentrated heavy blows. If you can do this, you will secure cheap victory. No wonder Paul was successful in his battles against the kingdom of darkness. In 1 Corinthians 9:26, Paul says,

I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air.

Just as the devil studies you in order to identify your weaknesses before drawing out his game plan, so also must you study the devil and his cohorts to identify their weaknesses and limitations so as to know how to contain them. Know that your enemies have weak points too! They have scars from battles they fought and lost to believers of every age. If you know these weaknesses, they will hardly take you unawares. To discover these, search the scriptures regularly. Carefully study the different times the enemy tempted people but failed. Also find out how they succeeded in tempting others who fell into temptation. One weakness of your enemy is that even though the he can mobilise his forces to besiege his target for a period of time, God does not allow him to sustain that situation of siege forever. Satan may be patient but he does not have the ability to sustain that patience for too long. This is why you must not just resist him, but continue to resist him until he tires. You can wear out your enemy! In a temptation or a trial situation, never give up until the tempter gives up. Every time he tempts you on that situation, repeatedly say No to him. If you continue to say No, God will give you more strength, and before long, you will be triumphant.

KEY POINT
 If you can study your enemies very well, you will know how to defeat them repeatedly

14 comments:

  1. God help me 2 study my enemies so as to defeat them graciously

    ReplyDelete
  2. God help me to do the right thing in this wrong relationship that I found myself... I receive strenght to leave him..amen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sistr plzzzzzzz I knw it might b hard 4 u 2 tk dat 1st step bt plz tk it & leave dat r/ship b4 U bcome destructive as well* I ws 1ce der,so I knw hw u feel* I pray God gves u d strength & grace 2 tk dat leap

      Delete
  3. God let me defect my enemies

    ReplyDelete
  4. God pls help M̶̲̥̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ to study Α̲̅Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ defeat my enemies repeatedly Α̲̅Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ graciously..Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father give me grace to study my enemies's weaknesses so I can defeat them triumphantly in jesus name...amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord pls make a shining light. Lord help my unbelief. Help me to see me the way you see me, help me out of every shames of my past life. Lord help me face my challenges and weakness daily. Give me the strenght to do right always! Lord make me a better person! Help me to know you more daily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At anonymous above, if God has instructed you to leave a destructive relationship, obey and leave immediately. You already have Grace. Use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was the 1 u ar referring to I pray dat god should make my leaving speedily in jesus name amen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord i need grace to live righteously..help me to turn my weakness into strength

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord jesus pls gv me d strength nd d power to study my enemies so dat I cn defeat dem graciously

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gods master piece17 July 2013 at 17:45

    Lord Jesus, I can't do it alone, pls teach me when,where and how to conquer my enemies, pls give me d strength to be victorious. Show me their weak points and teach me how to fight them. I know it is well with me. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord give me d grace 2 meditate ur word nd to do them

    ReplyDelete
  13. Father help all my weakness nd help me 2 please u in evry areas of my lif...

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews