Wednesday 10 July 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY 10/07/2013 - DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT WEAKNESS BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT WEAKNESS

MEMORY VERSE
Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Romans 6:12

READ
Judges 16:6-10

Jdg 16:6 And Delilah said to Samson, Tell me, I pray thee, wherein thy great strength lieth, and wherewith thou mightest be bound to afflict thee.

Jdg 16:7 And Samson said unto her, If they bind me with seven green withs that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.

Jdg 16:8 Then the lords of the Philistines brought up to her seven green withs which had not been dried, and she bound him with them.

Jdg 16:9 Now there were men lying in wait, abiding with her in the chamber. And she said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he brake the withs, as a thread of tow is broken when it toucheth the fire. So his strength was not known.

Jdg 16:10 And Delilah said unto Samson, Behold, thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: now tell me, I pray thee, wherewith thou mightest be bound.

MESSAGE
While fighting with the enemy, God sometimes helps us by causing the enemy to verbalise their evil intent like it happened to Samson in Judges 16:6. If your enemy tells you his plan towards you, what are you supposed to do? Sometimes, the enemy will be so full of the evil plot that he will spill it out unawares; for the mouth releases what the heart is full of (Matthew 12:34). If you share your secret with a particular friend, and you observe that your plans are repeatedly frustrated, you don't need a soothsayer to tell you to either cut off from that enemy disguised as a friend or keep your secrets to yourself afterwards. The enemy will do just about anything to know the best way to get at you. One area he will concentrate on is your weak point. He will carefully study you to know your weak point and usually, it does not take him too long to discover this.

Wisdom demands that you first identify your area of weakness before your enemy does. There is no human being without one, yet if you can prayerfully present your weakness to the Lord and follow the instructions of the Holy Spirit, over a period of time, your point of weakness can become your point of strength. If you are easily seduced into lust by looking at naked pictures of the opposite sex, do something fast about it. Avoid being exposed to any form of indecent exposure of the opposite sex - be it live or in pictures. Watch the gate of your eyes carefully. A particular brother once discovered his weakness in this area and as part of checkmating his flesh, he made sure that whenever he was addressing a lady, he did not look at her eyes. Some people felt he was too weak but he did not mind their comments. All he was concerned about was how to ensure he did not become taken in temptation. Many Christians know their weak points yet they dare their flesh and even the devil, at the end, they become casualty of the power of darkness. Do you know your weaknesses? What are you doing about them? Prayerfully minimise any exposure to a source of temptation. Use the word of God to renew your mind and to strengthen yourself and ask God to uphold you. You will not fall.

ACTION POINT
The weakness you ignore will take advantage of you. Daily ask God to turn your weaknesses into your point of strength

Bible in one year

15 comments:

  1. Thnk u Lord 4 ur Holy word! Help me in ur mercy 2 discover my week points nd abstain 4rm them, so dat they wud be tranformed in2 bcomin
    Strnght IJN(Amen)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Help me lord to know ma weaknesses cos its been used against me a lot and I still do not have an idea what it is help me oh lord and be my strenght for IJN I pray AMEN

      Delete
  2. Am so hapi i stumbled on this dis mawnin.i pray dat thru d mercy of God dat i wuld knw my weaknesses b4 my enemies wuld use dem against me....ijn.amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray that God in his mercy will help me overcome any weaknesses dat wil prevent his grace and mercy in my life...ijn Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father,all need is ur grace in my weakness to help me,mt fall bt Keep d on d face

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father, help me to turn my weakness to my strength IJN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God for dis timely message.
    God Bless Daddy Adeboye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am richly blessed by dis exhortation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am richly blessed by dis exhortation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gods master piece10 July 2013 at 10:14

    Dear lord pls help me and give me strength in my week area. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this message. Help me dear Lord I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord Jesus please help me discover my weak point before the enemy does... AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  12. May His grace be available.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews