Friday 11 October 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - FRIDAY - 11/10/2013 - FINISHING THE RACE BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


FINISHING THE RACE

MEMORY VERSE

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2 Timothy 4:7

READ
2 Timothy 4:6-8

2 Timothy 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

MESSAGE
God has called us into an uncommon race. But unlike an earthly or carnal race, the strength for you to run this race can only be supplied by the Holy Spirit. If you read 2 Corinthians 11:23-33 and 2 Corinthians 4:7-9, you will see some of the difficulties and challenges that Paul encountered during his race, yet he kept going on by the power of the Spirit. When you are filled with the Holy Spirit, it becomes easy to finish strong. In a football game, 22 people would have kicked the ball up and down for the better part of 90 minutes or more; although the men become tired, yet the ball remains strong. Are you battered, beaten and kicked about like the ball? Hold on to the Holy Spirit! He will ensure nothing deflates you. As long as He has filled you, you will be able to fly and weather every negative situation that comes your way.

Moreover, Paul declares in 2 Timothy 4:6-8 that he successfully finished the race. When you are through with your divine assignment on earth, you will know. May you finish your assignment before your time is up. John the Baptist completed his assignment after he pointed everybody to Jesus. After that, he was just marking time, waiting to be called home. Paul equally completed his assignment on earth and after that; he began to long for his heavenly rewards. Beloved, there are several cases of people dying before they completed their assignment. Such people will be served a query in Heaven. But it is also possible to say like Paul:

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2 Timothy 4:7

In the lives of many believers today, there are so many pending issues: pending repentance, pending restitutions and unfinished assignments from the Master. Some people are yet to win the number of souls that God has assigned to them. Some others are debtors in following up of converts. Tithes, offerings, vows and pledges are areas many still owe God. Check your life and find out where you owe God, and immediately put your house in order. If Paul can finish the race, you too can.

ACTION POINT
Go for a comprehensive medical check up: thank God for the good result but prayerfully stand against any negative report.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up to YOU. Buoy me with YOUR Spirit that I will withstand the race of life, to finish strong on the last day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Lord for the grace You give me to realise that I need to run this race
    Please Lord have mercy on me so that I can pay all my spiritual debt, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heavenly Father. Please give me the grace to finish strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank Lord for this word, thank for making realise my race on earth father help me to run the race in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lord for this word, give me the grace to pay my debts to you and make me finish strong in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awonusi Gbemisola11 October 2013 at 07:22

    Help me dear Lord 2 check myself nd finish my race here on earth well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isaac Adeoye-King11 October 2013 at 07:53

    Lord, help me to finish my race on earth before my time is up in Jesus Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord, I need more grace to finish d race before my time is up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God Almighty help me to finish my race so I can receive de crown of Glory through Christ our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Help me Lord to finish my race.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord please let me live a fulfilled life in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  13. I pray that the Lord should help me and family to let us finished the race in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews