Thursday 31 October 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY - 31/10/2013 - THE WHOLE TRUTH BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



THE WHOLE TRUTH.

MEMORY VERSE
All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
Psalm 25 :10.

READ
Psalm 85:10 - 11.

Psalm 85:10 Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other

Psalm 85:11 Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven.

 MESSAGE
“And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.”
Jude 23

In the scripture above, we are commanded to use every possible avenue to win souls to Christ yet to be careful enough not to compromise with sin. Love the sinner but hate their sins. Why? It is because God is a holy God. He hates sin with a passion. In Zechariah 3 : 1 - 7, the high priest was wearing a filthy garment. This is contradictory to his calling. According to God's standards, the high priest should be a firebrand. Fire is an agent of purification. In medieval times, when they want to perform a surgery, the knives to be used are put through fire. If you are doing some cleansing where water and soap are not appropriate or adequate, heat from the fire or the fire itself is directly applied. Even Psalm 12 : 6 confirms that the furnace purifies. God expects his ministers to be as pure as light.

If the priest is the light of the world, how come a high priest ended up in rags? Jesus says you are the salt of the earth. The purpose of salt is to fight corruption. In the olden days, when there was no refrigerator, salt was used to preserve meat or fish. In the same vein, God wants us to be absolutely pure so that He can use us to fight against corruption.

Today, many of us are harbouring things that belong to others and we are hardly scolded by the Holy Spirit. Many tell lies, including senior pastors and their wives and this make us wonder if the real heat is still there. When was the last time you said something that was not 100% true and the Holy Spirit rebuked you for half truth? Sometime ago, we attended an interview conducted by CNN. Later, while watching it, it occurred to me that I did not answer a particular question the way I should. Towards the end of the programme, they asked what I do when I am less busy, and I told them I fish for the fun of it. Then the Holy Spirit said I did not tell the whole truth. He said when I catch the fish I eat it. The Holy Spirit expects you not only to tell the truth but the whole truth. Yet many of us tell half truths, thinking it is wisdom. No! It is not!

KEY POINT
To be acceptable to God, you must meet His standard through and through.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Revelation 7 - 9.

13 comments:

  1. Gbengalistic Oginni31 October 2013 at 05:30

    oh Holy father, the grace to speak the whole truth by the power of the Holy Ghost, God give it unto me.....Amennnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. King of glory, grant unto me the grace to speak the whole truth at all times in jesus Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord, the grace to speak d truth, father restore it in me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord, I need ur fire to purify my spirit,soul&body to always speak d whole truth, nd nuffin else

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord grant me the grace to do in IJN. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ lord τ̅☺ speak the whole truth as ℓ̊ go out 2day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord help me to always speak the Whole truth even when its difficult to say! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awonusi Gbemisola31 October 2013 at 07:05

    Dear Lord,d grace 2 speak d whole truth by d help of d Holy Spirit,pls grant un2 me IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy spirit help me to always speak de truth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord gif me Holy spirit dat will direct my speech @ all tyms IJN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord give me the grace to live above little little sin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God, give me d grace 2 speake d truth @ all tym ijn( AMEN)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ALMIGHTY FATHER, I desire to do Your Will @all times, have Mercy on me & Favour me to always Speak the Whole Truth in all Spheres of my life, AMIN. Grant me Your Grace & let Your Holy Spirit direct my Path every seconds of my life, give me Wisdom, Knowledge & Understanding to Abide by Your Words all the days of my life in JESUS NAME i Pray AMIN.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews