Saturday 12 October 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - SATURDAY - 12/10/2013 - OVERCOMING THE ENEMY BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE




OVERCOMING THE ENEMY

MEMORY VERSE
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

READ
Psalm 20:1-9

Psalm 20:1 Lord, hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee;

Psalm 20:2 Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion;

Psalm 20:3 Remember all thy offerings, and accept thy burnt sacrifice; Selah.

Psalm 20:4 Grant thee according to thine own heart, and fulfil all thy counsel.

Psalm 20:5 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the Lord fulfil all thy petitions.

Psalm 20:6 Now know I that the Lord saveth his anointed; he will hear him from his holy heaven with the saving strength of his right hand.

Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.

Psalm 20:8 They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright.

Psalm 20:9 Save,  Lord: let the king hear us when we call.

MESSAGE
On the 5th of this month, we analysed how Satan engaged Moses in the ring and after some jabs, and the hook, he finished him with an upper cut. Believe it or not and whether it appears so or not, we are all engaged in a fight with the devil and his agents. We are also boxed in the ring, but the question is: who will overcome? May you overcome in Jesus name.

What can you do to win this battle? You must be able to apply the word of God as appropriately as possible. If the right word is applied to a wrong situation, it will not work. Square pegs of the word must be placed into square holes of situations for you to get results. This is why Joshua 1:8 says the word of God must be a part of you, you must meditate on it at least on your rising up in the morning, and shortly before going to bed at night. That is, the word must start and end each day.

Secondly, constantly plead the blood of Jesus on yourself, your family, and everything you have, and everything you are doing. Soak your finances with the blood of Jesus. Cover your plans with the blood of Jesus. Remember, the enemy cannot prevail over the blood of Jesus. Some people dare the devil with their own strength. This is dangerous because except for God's mercy, he can easily destroy them. When you want to challenge the devil, challenge him by the blood of the lamb and he will flee. In addition, never let the name of Jesus be far from your mouth. When people are in an emergency, what comes out of their mouths at such times, clearly shows who they lean on for protection or help. It is not surprising to hear some people calling their fathers, mothers, uncles, or children. These people cannot help you at such a time. They might even not be there. But calling on the name of Jesus delivers help to you in whatever situation you may find yourself. The name of the Lord guarantees your safety. It can make an exception of you in the time of danger. Call that name now! Jesus!

KEY POINT
It is never old fashioned to use the name and blood of Jesus, as they never expire.

12 comments:

  1. Help me Lord to medidate on ur word day and night,and to use it appropriately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus Never Fails, His blood is an overcoming weapon

    ReplyDelete
  3. O lord give me the grace to meditate on your word both day and night,I plead the blood of Jesus over my life,my family and all that concerns me...Lord I thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My God,give me grace to be able to pick up ur bible and meditate day and nite.more of you I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Onyiriuka Dominic12 October 2013 at 07:16

    Ohh Lord have mercy on me and give me the grace to abide and use your Word appropraitely in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shall finish strong in Jesus' name..Adewole Debo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father, I receive the grace to meditate on your word day and night in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Name of Jesus is my shield and my buckler. The Name of Jesus never fails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lord I ask for d grace to meditate in ur word day and nyt.I plea d blood of Jesus upon evry of my family and friends.tank u 4 answered prayers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father give me the grace to meditate on ur word day and night and also I plea the blood of Jesus over my life,my job,my family,my church in Jesus name.amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord I receive the grace to meditate in your word day and night also to use the word appropriately in Jesus name. Amen
    I plead the blood of Jesus upon my life, my family, friend, my relationship, and everything around me in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord I tank you for your upon my life,I plead the blood of Jesus upon my life,family,relatiomship,loved ones and my Job. Lord give me the grace to meditate on your words day and night in jesus name I prayed. Amen

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews