Monday 21 October 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - MONDAY- 21/10/2013 - ACQUIRE WISDOM BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



ACQUIRE WISDOM

MEMORY VERSE
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
Proverbs 4:7

READ
Proverbs 4:5-9

Proverbs 4:5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.

Proverbs 4:6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

Proverbs 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Proverbs 4:8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

Proverbs 4:9 She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee.

MESSAGE
Besides fearing God, a divine midwife must also be wise. It is possible to work hard and not work smart. When there is an assignment to be done and there is not enough wisdom to do the work, it could be boring, laborious, take a longer time and bring about a lot of wastage and even injury. For instance, in Exodus 18:17-23, Moses who was highly anointed and very hardworking, did not work smart for lack of wisdom. God had to use his father-in-law to give him the wisdom he required, and from that moment, the work became easier and he could find sometime to rest and thereby prolong his life. Hard work is good but working smart is better. Many people who worked hard without working smart have had to die before their time.

Jethro was a wise man. He applied certain principles of doing work in other to achieve greater productivity at lesser costs. He was also ready to share these principles. There is nothing wrong with enrolling for leadership courses that will enhance your productivity. Some people will ask: 'What will they teach there? Is it not worldly wisdom?' Thank God for the Bible, yet, there are certain principles that have been tried in secular businesses that will equally be beneficial in the Kingdom. To be on top, there is need to continue to improve your skills and knowledge. Try things a bit different from how you normally do them. You must be ready to accept change. In addition to secular seminars and training programmes, you can ask God for wisdom in a specific area. You can read up books on finance, savings and investments to boost your knowledge in that area. You can go on the internet to download information. We live in the information age and it will be most tragic to be without information during this age.

KEY POINT
Every good and healthy knowledge you acquire can also be utilised in a beneficial way in God's Kingdom.

12 comments:

  1. Oh lord giv me understanding to apply wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord I thank you for the gift of life, I pray you give me wisdom and understanding. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u Lord for ur word today, pls father I need wisdom in every area of my life, help to det it and prosper in life IJN Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord pls I don't have as much wisdom I should, pease give me wisdom from above this morning in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O lord my God,give me wisdom and understand to be wealthy and to serve you,in jesus name amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank God 4 dis message. I nid ur wisdom O Lord. Pls send me ur divine wisdom in all am doing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father please i need wisdom and understanding to work with men and to know you more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord i thank u for dis day,more wisdom and understanding i pray in jesus name(AMEN)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lord, I cry for wisdom in Jesus name. Give me wisdom to manage my home, my work and the ministry work ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father I need ur wisdom in evey area of my life

    ReplyDelete
  11. God I need ♈☺ϋя devine understanding

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you lord Jesus for your wisdom that is at work in me,I make use of it everyday of my life amen

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews