Friday 7 February 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - FRIDAY - 7/2/2014 - ACCEPTED TIME I BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


ACCEPTED TIME I

MEMORISE
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1

READ
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Ecclesiastes 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

Ecclesiastes 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Ecclesiastes 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

Ecclesiastes 3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

Ecclesiastes 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

Ecclesiastes 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

MESSAGE
God in His perfection has His own ways of doing things. One of such ways is that He has a timetable by which He works, and He follows it strictly. This is demonstrated in the way He handled the case of Lazarus, the brother of Mary and Martha (John 11:1-8). The Bible says He loved this man and his two sisters. Because of this love, the sisters of Lazarus were in no panicky state at all when he fell sick because they knew that all they needed was for Jesus to hear that His friend was sick and He would rush to the scene and heal him immediately. How mistaken they were. However, God knew of the condition of Lazarus even before it happened. The Bible says:

“Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.”
Acts 15:18

Lazarus’ sisters waited for Jesus to come till the time they concluded it was all over. They were not disappointed at the end because when it was time for Him to act according to His timetable, their mourning turned to joy and they sang a new song.

If you are truly His child, walking uprightly before Him, be aware that He knows of that experience you are having for which you earnestly desire a change. He is not just getting aware of it now but He knew about it before you were born. How amazing! When He stepped into the case of Lazarus according to His own time-table on the fourth day of his demise, the hopeless situation became a great testimony. Has His “delay” made your case worse, or has your case degenerated and decayed, just like the body of Lazarus in the grave for four days? I have good news for you: the Lord will step in and yours shall be a mighty testimony, and great joy shall follow in Jesus’ Name.

Note that while the disappointment of Martha and Mary lasted over their dead brother, it was not reported that they got angry with Jesus. In grief, they did not consider Him less than they had taken Him to be. They did not blaspheme or say rubbish against God. There is no doubt that they were pained because Jesus did not come around at their own timing when, supposedly, there was still hope. Nevertheless, their response to Jesus was still that of reverence (John 11:32).

KEY POINT

Ensure you do not get angry with God when faced with trouble. This could compound your problem.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Isaiah 14:28-19:15; 
Psalm 33:12-22

24 comments:

  1. Father, I will never give up on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, forgive me for all my complains, murmuring.
    Lord help me to wait till my accepted time without complain, anger, murmuring in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father, give me the grace to ever be steadfast no matter the situation of life. I shall not be found wanting on my appointed time

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have your way and let Thy will be done in my life! I am desperate for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father, please strengthen my faith in you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father hav compassion and pity on ur servant and giv me all d graces I nid 2 remain faithful and commited 2u both nw and 4eva more. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavenly Father, thank u 4 dis beautiful day, I believe you Lord, delay is not denial, I know dat every will work out 4 good 4 me and my family, not my will but urs O'Lord, have ur way in Jesus name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father have mercy on me a sinner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teach me dear Lord to always persevere even in hard times knowing fully well u will never forsake me.i look up to you blessed Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Heavenly Father,King Of Glory. Glorify your Self in my Life.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. O Lord give me d grace to wait for my time..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Uhmm I hear Sir : http://t.co/jvyeBIiMw9 , Omotola birthday :http://t.co/S19OqtqagE , http://www.toridey.com/?p=8814

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heavenly father don't let me lean on my own understanding about your works in my life and family,give me the grace to work with your time-table in Jesus Neme.Amem.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I trust fully in the lord that He will come through for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord help me to wsit for my time

    ReplyDelete
  16. Though it may tarry but it will surely come. Help oh Lord to wait on thee because you will make all things beautiful in your time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lord I thank you for your word this morning, I pray for the grace to wait delegently for the accepted time in Jesus Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will wait on you lord.if its not you that will help me,then it can't be anyone else.grant me the grace to persevere and be patient whilst waiting on u.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have mercy on me for every act of unbelieve I've shows to ur Name. Give me grace never to give up on You irrespective of my challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Give me the grace to follow you oh lord, for only your grace is enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lord grant me d grace of patient to wait upon d Lord, let ur grace be suffient 4 me oh Lord and grant me all my HEART desire.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The king of kings, I am that I am, the Mighty. Man in. Battle!!!!! thank you for your grace upon my life.... even. In challenges you are always. There.. thank you JESUS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lord help me to wait patiently for you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is the perfect kind of word for today in my live. God I'm truly sorry for all the complaint, and a great testimony and joy shall follow my problems IJN.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews