Tuesday 11 February 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 11/2/2014 - GOD OF PURPOSE BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


GOD OF PURPOSE

MEMORISE
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Ephesians 1:11

READ
Proverbs 3:5-7

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Proverbs 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Proverbs 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

MESSAGE
Our God is a God of purpose. He created man for a purpose. He declared His purpose for man even before creating him in His own image. The Bible in Genesis 1:26 says,

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.”

Therefore, know that you were born for a purpose; you are not an accident, even if your parents were no longer expecting children at the point they had you, just like it happened in my own case. It could even be that you’re a child out of wedlock. Notwithstanding all these, the fact that you came and you survived despite all the forces against you, and that you became exposed to the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ, shows that God has you uppermost in His heart. You got this far because He was behind the scene working out His purpose for your life. So don’t let the devil deceive and rob you of your glorious destiny. Remember, Solomon was a product of a relationship founded on adultery and intrigue that resulted in the murder of his mother’s husband.

The true children of God were chosen from the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4-5). He chose us for different purposes. We should seek out His purpose and rest in Him while He brings it to pass. Moses, who was chosen for a great purpose by God, jumped ahead in his own self-counsel to begin the deliverance of his people. The result was a forty year wait in the wilderness. Do not jump ahead of God, stay close to His heartbeat in the place of meditation. Hear what He will have you do per time. Knowing and walking in God’s purpose for your life brings a level of confidence that makes you exude calmness in the midst of the storm. This was the case with Paul in Acts 27:23-25:

“For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve, Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee. Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.“

Know that there is a purpose for you, discover what that purpose is and pursue it with all your might. God will help you in Jesus’ Name.

ACTION POINT

Praise God for who He has made you to be; you are fearfully and wonderfully made with a purpose to fulfil.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Isaiah 30:18-33:24;
 Psalm 36

18 comments:

  1. I shall live in the divine purpose 4 ma life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, let ur will be done in my life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lord, I shall live to fulfill your divine purpose and counsel for my life, family and ministry IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank yoU o Lord for those wonderful plans you have concerning my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I trust u to do sumtin in my life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord , now dat i knw am not a product of mistake, the purpose you created me into this World shall come to past in my Life & i'll become a blessing to my generation In Jesus Name (Amen).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord, I patiently wait on u. Let your purpose be fulfilled in my life at the appointed time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord teach me to live according to your purpose in my life in Jesus name amen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord, cause me to wait on you for directions in order to fuifill d predestined purpose of my creation. Do not let me lean on my own wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord I believe in u,have ur way

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thank you lord for how far u have brought me.i give u glory for what u have done for me in the past,what u r doing now and what you will yet do.i give u reverence for it is ur counsel over my life and family that shall stand.may your purpose for my life be fulfilled. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you lord for your gud plans you have for my life. Glory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear lord help M̶̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ †̥ fillfull my purpose on earth n my family Amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. My purpose on earth must b accomplished. amen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you lord for doing awesome things in my life. I love you Lord

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmmmmnn, a personality carved on purpose I am. Jesus fulfilled His purpose and said "It is finished". May everything in you and I co-operate with divine directions for fulfilment of destiny IJN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lord jesus help me to fulfil your purpose in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I. Glorify your holiness ,!!thank you lord fulfiled www.toridey.com

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews