Thursday 27 February 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY- 27/2/2014 - ANGRY WITH GOD? BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



ANGRY WITH GOD?

MEMORISE
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

READ
Matthew 11:2-6

2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,

3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

4 Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see:

5 The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

MESSAGE
When deferred hope prompts a person to issue queries to God, it is an indication of the person taking offence towards God. We have to settle it in our hearts as children of God that there can never be justifiable grounds for us to pick a fight with God. You can ask God questions to seek clarification of issues, but to query Him, that is a no-go area. The case of John the Baptist in our Bible reading is one glaring example of this practice which some of us also indulge in. John had himself acknowledged Jesus to be the Lamb of God that takes away our sins in John 1:29. But much later, in the midst of his trouble with King Herod, who imprisoned him because he spoke out against Herod’s taking of his brother’s wife, he sent his disciples to Jesus. This time, it was not to complement Jesus, but to air his doubt about who he had rightly proclaimed Him to be. Why did it come to this? It was because he expected that Jesus as the Messiah ought to have known about his situation and to have either spoken or applied His power in getting him out of Herod’s custody. To be imprisoned is not a palatable experience, yet our knowledge and confidence in God’s ability, love, faithfulness and goodness should not be challenged by our life experiences. Jesus replied John’s emissaries in Matthew 11:6 thus:

“And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.”

We must be careful in the midst of challenges never to allow offence against God set in our heart.

There is no one who has been saved for ten years, who would not ask questions about not seeing corresponding results or answers to some prayers. However, you must realise that life is in phases (Psalm 37:25). Take for example Joseph: first, he was his father’s favourite with a special coat (Genesis 37:3), next he was the dreamer (Genesis 37:19), then he was an interpreter of dreams (Genesis 40:1-22) and finally he became the Prime Minister (Genesis 41:39-46). The journey of life for Joseph was not all smooth sailing, but his end was glorious. Joseph did not begin to issue queries against God in the evil days of his life experiences. Life is in phases. In the eyes of men, some phases are bad while some are good. As a child of God you must however remember that:

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28

ACTION POINT

Have a deep reflection to recollect wherever you may have taken offence or have been angry with God, and apologise to Him from your heart.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Jeremiah 13-15; 
Psalm 47

16 comments:

  1. Father thank u 4 a beautiful day, dis morning Lord, I ask 4 mercy in any way I've taken offence or angry with u, have mercy on me n my family, IJN. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, Thank you for a day like this, l pray that you should have mercy whereever I have taken offence or angry with u. Have mercy on me and my entire house hold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Lord I Bless U For a new day...... And I strongly bless U for ur Mercy towards me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord thank you for this new day, I bless your holy name bcos I knw you are God. In anyway have taken offence or angry wt you pls have mercy n 4giv me. Let your blood purge me of all my sins in Jesus name. Father guid, protect n uphold my life 2day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Lord I worship your holy name for you are God all over the earth and your name forever be glorified. Thank you heavenly father for making me see anoda glorious day. Thank you lord Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanks u father for ur mercy over my life n dat of my family, pls lord let ur mercy flow over all my sins of anger over a test of faith lord help me n forgive me my sins n all I hav done IJN amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord Jesus forgive me for all the times I hv doubted u, for all the times I hv gotten angry with you. Hv mercy on me n give me the grace to continually trustn hope Iijin you. In Jesus mighty name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. God I thank you for your Word today, may your name be glorify in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father Lord, Thank for teaching me a new discovery today. Please Lord, forgive my inadequacies. Help me never to give up or question your existence. You are God of Possibilities. Please Lord, Challenge those things that challenges my FAITH especially the Fruit of the Womb. Heal me of every sickness related to this and May Your Name Forever Be Glorified. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father Lord, Thank for teaching me a new discovery today. Please Lord, forgive my inadequacies. Help me never to give up or question your existence. You are God of Possibilities. Please Lord, Challenge those things that challenges my FAITH especially the Fruit of the Womb. Heal me of every sickness related to this and May Your Name Forever Be Glorified. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. the God that kills yet commands us not to kill... The God that swears yet commands us not to swear... Who can battle with the Lord... I say nobody... We can rest in ur faithfulness and love... Happy Day to y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lord, my God & my father for all my queries against you, I am so so sorry and retrieve them in Jesus name thee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank You Jesus for Your love over my life n my household(my husband n children) cos I ave the convinction that I'll become great in life, Amen! Thank u daddy Adeboye! The Lord is really blessing us your children(biological n spiritual)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you lord for the bright new day which u have giving to us may your name be glorified. I also thank u for accepting me as ur child and for your protection upon my family and your blessings upon my husband and family. Thank you lord AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Father,I thank u for a new dawn.pls lord forgive me in any way I have offended u and get angry with u from my heart av mercy lord

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lord God I thank you for the blood that washes all sin,pain and anguish in my life,if I have ever said and thought of anything contrary to your words and your teaching,I pray and plead for forgiveness.bless and open the door for my NYSC call-up oh lord,its my time and you make all things beautiful in your time oh lord make it beautiful and take away shame in my life,in JESUS name.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews