Thursday 20 February 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY- 20/2/2014 - LIFE IN ABUNDANCE I BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


LIFE IN ABUNDANCE I

MEMORISE
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

READ
2 Peter 1:1-4

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: 

2 Peter 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2 Peter 1:4  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

MESSAGE
Under normal circumstances, no human being desires to be a nonentity. The various forces in the world however, are responsible for many people spending their entire life amounting to nothing and dwelling in the valley of not-well-to-do persons. The Almighty God Himself in making man did not intend for him to be a scourge of His creation, but rather the master piece of His creativity.

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.”
Genesis 1:26-27

This passage clearly reveals love and goodwill par excellence on the part of God toward man. Where then did the negative turn of events come from? It is sin in the camp of man. He rebelled against his Maker; he rejected His authority over him by choosing to obey the archenemy of God – Satan, rather than God.

“And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat? And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat. And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.”
Genesis 3:11-13

Since this incident in the Garden of Eden, things have not been the same with man; until the same God who was sinned against sent His Son to make atonement for the sin of man (Hebrews 9:22, John 3:16). Whosoever now is in Christ is in a position to regain all that man had lost through sin (Romans 5:17). If you are already in Christ, I want to let you know that you are positioned to live a fulfilled life. If you have not truly surrendered to Jesus however, even if you seem to be making it, know that something very vital is still missing. Besides, where it matters most in the hereafter, you will be disappointed; so repent and turn over your life to Jesus today.

ACTION POINT
Make sure you are truly in Christ, to be able to reclaim all your lost ground and make heaven.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR

Isaiah 60:1-63:14; 
Psalm 42

11 comments:

  1. Thank u heavenly Father 4 d gift of life n 4 d salvation of my soul n my family, abundant life, prosperity, righteousness peace and joy in d Holy Ghost is our portion in d name of Jesus, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavenly father;draw me nearer to you O God,increase in me and remove pride from my life in Jesus Name...Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jesus for giving me the opportunity to receive all I have lost through sin...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lord for the salvation of my soul and given to me the grace to be able to reclaim all that i've lost through sin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesus help me to make heaven in Jesu name I pray. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord please help me remain in you. I ask for more grace and strength to run this race well until you call me home.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jesus help me. Give grace and power to run this race successfully. Not to fail you my Lord, help me God

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jesus help me. Give grace and power to run this race successfully. Not to fail you my Lord, help me God

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tank u jesus pls give me the grace to know u more

    ReplyDelete
  11. i repent LORD forgive me all my sins and make me not to sin any more. thank u my dear Saviour.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews