Wednesday 26 February 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY- 26/2/2014 - JESUS IN YOUR BOAT BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


JESUS IN YOUR BOAT

MEMORISE
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Psalm 50:15

READ
Mark 4:35-41

35 And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.

36 And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.

37 And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.

38 And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

41 And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

MESSAGE
No doubt, life in a sense is like the sea. A characteristic of the sea is that storms of varying degrees arise, putting the lives of those sailing on it in jeopardy of being drowned. In Jesus’ Name, the storms of life will not be able to drown you, your family and your business. While literal storms are natural phenomena, the storms of life are often generated and directed to an individual by enemies. Whether it is by enemies in the flesh or in the spirit realm, every situation that would constitute a storm in your life shall be disappointed in Jesus’ Name.

Jesus was in the boat with His disciples on a mission across the Sea of Galilee. His Father’s business that should bring deliverance to the mad man in Gadara, who the devil had been afflicting with chronic insanity, beaconed. The devil had an idea of this and decided to thwart it, but he is never a match for our God, and He will never be. This is why I command whatever storm you may be experiencing now to be calm in Jesus’ Name. As you sail on the sea of life to fulfil your destiny, the devil and his allies are not happy because your success is also going to result in the blessing and deliverance of others. This is because you will use it for God’s service, to build up the work of God and to bring souls to the Kingdom of God. Nevertheless, the devil and his agents will fail.

At the onset of the storm, while Jesus was taking time off to relax, the disciples embarked on a rescue operation of the boat. The situation however did not get better. They could not cope. It was then they remembered to wake Jesus up.

1 Samuel 2:9c says:
“........for by strength shall no man prevail.”


You should not make this mistake; your role is to notify Jesus of the storm. In any case, Jesus woke up unperturbed. The Author and Controller of Peace himself rebuked the winds behind the storm, and there was calm. You shall begin to experience calmness in your marriage, in your finances, in your education, in your business and in your health from now on in Jesus’ Name. Stop running helter-skelter to dubious men all over the place; they will only compound your problems. Look up to Jesus; let Him handle your storm.

ACTION POINT

Repent of being too quick to seek out man’s solution instead of God’s at times of difficulty. Praise God, the all-powerful One and tell Him of any storm in your life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Jeremiah 10-12; 
Psalm 46

16 comments:

  1. Thank u Jesus 4 a new day, Lord put an end to every storm in my finances, my business, my marriage and my children education in the name of Jesus. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God be glorified, at all time and even in my days of trouble... I will never cease to serve u

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Jesus today, My Jesus forever, My Jesus forever ,you are a wonderful God. Lord Jesus, by you I leap over the wall of life. The essence and reason why I am still alive today is because of Jesus. Lord Jesus, make me faithful to the very end for you are Always by my side. Lo, I will be with you till the end of the age. Good Morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glory be unto ur name O'Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord Jesus I need u in my academics help me dearest Lord. U r Abba father.You eexisted before existence. ..I reference u baba. Thank you blessed redeemer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every storms in every ramifications of my life has been calmed in Jesus Name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord thank u for ur word of asurance this morning.Daddy every storm of jobless,failure,disapointment & financial stagnation in my life & home,speak ur word of peace to it now in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every storm in my education, i command it to b still from dis moment. I'll worry les and praise God more. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord have ur way in my life today .As I go for my interview 2 day let dey strong wind of this interview be under ur control .let ur power overwhelm the place .let's me give thanks to you after this I pray in Jesus name .Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You Jesus, the prince of peace. During challenges of life, I and my husband were praising God instead of asking Him to do this or that, and to the glory of God, the storm is over, the wind that blew had gone off n it will neva come back again in Jesus name, amen. Thank you dady Adeboye for blessing souls with open heavens daily fellowship wit God, cos I can read it on line. But hw do I subscribe to it everyday?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My totality is in the hand of Almighty God,therefore ,no storm can ravage in my life any longer .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord JESUS I tank u for today, I bless ur holy name for wat U av been doing in my marriage, Father LORD I say be thou exalted in JESUS name, Lord Jesus I pray dt any storm dat may want to rise in my marriage in dis year Daddy let dem be calm IJN, and let there be peace in my marriage forever IJN, Amen. Tank u LORD for answering my prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Father Lord, Thank for teaching me a new discovery today. Please Lord, forgive my inadequacies. Help me never to give up or question your existence. You are God of Possibilities. Please Lord, Challenge those things that challenges my FAITH especially the Fruit of the Womb. Heal me of every sickness related to this and May Your Name Forever Be Glorified. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Father Lord, Thank for teaching me a new discovery today. Please Lord, forgive my inadequacies. Help me never to give up or question your existence. You are God of Possibilities. Please Lord, Challenge those things that challenges my FAITH especially the Fruit of the Womb. Heal me of every sickness related to this and May Your Name Forever Be Glorified. Amen

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews