Friday 6 September 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - FRIDAY - 06/09/2013 - OBEYING WITHOUT QUESTIONING BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



OBEYING WITHOUT QUESTIONING

MEMORY VERSE
But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
Jeremiah 7:23

READ
1 Kings 17:1-5

1 Kings 17:1 And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LordGod of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, but according to my word.

1 Kings 17:2 And the word of the Lord came unto him, saying,

1 Kings 17:3 Get thee hence, and turn thee eastward, and hide thyself by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

1 Kings 17:4 And it shall be, that thou shalt drink of the brook; and I have commanded the ravens to feed thee there.

1 Kings 17:5 So he went and did according unto the word of the Lord: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan.

MESSAGE 
God is a good and wonderful God but He is not a democrat. Democracy has its benefits but in God’s Kingdom, it has several limitations, hence God adopts a theocratic style of government. If you would be God’s favourite, you must learn to obey Him unquestionably. In 1 Kings 17:1-16, after Elijah announced the seizure of rain, God told him to go to Brook Cherith and that birds will feed him there. He went without asking any questions. If God tells you to go and preach at a particular location you hate to go, would you pretend as if it was the devil that spoke to you? Or would you ask: ‘Father, why me, why not somebody else?’ When the water at Brook Cherith dried up, and God said, ‘Go and meet the widow’, he did not question but simply obeyed.

Some people have become so learned, enlightened and refined to the point that they query God. They summon God to explain why He wants them to do what He asked them to, or else, they will not obey. If you taste what it means to be a divine favourite for one month, you will do almost anything just to remain His favourite.

Moreover, anyone who wants to be God’s favourite must be ready to spend quality time with Him. A couple who after marriage hardly spend time together, will after several years not be able to show the fruit of their union. The fruit of the Spirit is developed as you spend time in God’s presence, right in the midst of contrary circumstances. So also are the gifts of the Holy Spirit. If you want to heal the sick or raise the dead, first go and stay in His presence. There is hardly anyone who walked in the miraculous by the power of the Holy Spirit without being incubated by the Holy Spirit. Do you really want to be His favourite? Even if you are not presently His favourite, you can work your way into being one by the things you do from today. As you pay the price, the Lord will make you His favourite.

KEY POINT
Obeying without questioning is the height of trust, while questioning before obedience is the height of mistrust.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
2 Samuel 9-12

25 comments:

  1. My Daddy, I pray this Much...Help me to be a Man of Instant Obedience In Jesus Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lord, help me to start obeying you absolutely from today in jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lord the spirit of divine obedient,to obey without questioning, daddy let it not depart from me IJN....AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord God I need You now! My life is turning upsidedown Daddy. I just need your help. Please talk to me, make me your favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God loves you! Open your heart to Him- He cares and desires to rescue you...

      Delete
  5. My Lord and my God, please help to listen to your words and instructions at all times and to obey them without hesitations. Amen! Martha O-O

    ReplyDelete
  6. My fAther help me and my husband to obey u without complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father give me d grace to do ur will. Obeying u at all times in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  8. Akinwunmi kayode pius6 September 2013 at 07:14

    Father give me the grace to do your WILL.obeying you at all time IJN.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  9. God help me to be obedient to your instructions especially as I desire to be God's Favourite

    ReplyDelete
  10. God please help me to be obedient to your instructions especially in my desire to be God's Favourite

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord my family and I desire to be your favourite always as a day of your favour wipes away years of labour, may the spirit of total obedience to you fall upon us now and forever Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father give me the Grace to do your will and obey, so I can be your Favourite..So help me. Lord

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adejumoke oladipupo6 September 2013 at 07:58

    Father I need d grace to obey U̶̲̥̅̊

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wanna thank whoever takes time out to make this message available to us daily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Help me oh Lord to obey u in respect without grumbling or questioning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lord I need u more than Ever, take charge of entire being and help me to be one of ur favorite, love u plenty Lord Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  17. Father guide me to do ur will and obey ur word Amen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Almighty God our Father, give me the Grace to Obey you without guestioning or hesitation in the Mighty Name of Jesus... Amen!


    ReplyDelete
  19. Father help me †̥o obey you at all times and never depart from you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Father, pls grant me the grace to obey you to the latter and the strenght to do ur will at al times. Pls Lord, I desire to be your favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Help me Lord to obey You at all time in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lord give grace to obey you to the letter. In Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear lord make me a practical instrument for use

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews