Monday 2 September 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - MONDAY - 02/09/2013 - GOD IS PREGNANT BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



GOD IS PREGNANT

MEMORY VERSE
Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
John 4:35

READ
1 John 3:9-10

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

MESSAGE
In Exodus 1:15-21, we read about the role of some midwives who assisted pregnant Hebrew women to deliver babies. Midwives are a very important class of people because they are linked with delivery of babies. As ministers and servants of God, we too are midwives of another order – a higher divine order, saddled not with the responsibility of birthing physical babies but divine babies. God is pregnant and needs spiritual midwives to assist in the birth of divine babies. According to 1 John 3:9-10, a Christian is born of God. You are a child of God today because you were born of God via the assistance of some midwife – a preacher.

“Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.”
 John 4:35

The above passage tells us about the state of God’s pregnancy. It is not just at its first trimester but the third. God has been pregnant for so long and it is now delivery time. The field is ripe for harvest but God is only waiting for harvesters – you and me, people He has already saved to lead these souls into His Kingdom. God is calling out to you “Help me to pull out the babies”. What is your response to His call? Why are we in ministry? Is it just to bear the title of deacon, assistant pastor, pastor, prophet and evangelist, etc? When it comes to this all important subject, Heaven recognises untitled believers who assist God in delivering the babies more than those who are titled but hardly assist in the delivery of babies. Since you were born-again, how many babies have you assisted God to deliver? This year, how many of such babies do you have to your credit? God does not joke with divine midwives. If He could bless the Hebrew midwives for ensuring the birth of physical babies, how much more will He bless the spiritual midwives who birth divine babies? Cooperate with God from today! Go into the field and bring in the souls.

 ACTION POINT
 For the next 7 days, lead a soul to Christ each day, and draw out a personal evangelism plan.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
1 Samuel 25-28

18 comments:

  1. Help me lord to be fishers of men IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Lord, give me wisdom to do your will as it's expected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same sermon in my chr.God is obviously talkn to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord help me 2 draw souls into ur kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Help me lord to draw out a personal plan for Soul winning n work by it Lord,I want to be a good midwife lord

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord I need ur strenght and courage to do all ur will

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord I ask 4 ur grace 2 aid me in winning souls Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father, d grace to do ur will grant it onto me ijn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The grace to draw more people unto you through spiritual birth grant it unto me in jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord help me to become a devoted midwife.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord, grant me the grace to be able to win souls for You daily,so as to become a devoted midwife.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God gve us d̶̲̥̅̊ grace 2 move on nd d̶̲̥̅̊ ability 2 win souls 4 U̶̲̥̅̊ amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. May the Lord of harvest equiped us better to be his 1st class labourer in his kingdom, in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lord, fill me with Holy Spirit in order to deliver divine babies for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Am touched, lord help me to have burden for the lost, saving the lost @ all cost

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need ur grace o Lord to deliever babies for the kingdom of God... Come Holy Spirit a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ fill my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lord have mercy on me and enable me to do your will IJN

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews