Thursday 26 September 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY- 26/09/2013 - UNPLUGGED? BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



UNPLUGGED?

MEMORY VERSE
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
John 15:5

READ
Joshua 7:7-12

Joshua 7:7 And Joshua said, Alas,  Lord God, wherefore hast thou at all brought this people over Jordan, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us? would to God we had been content, and dwelt on the other side Jordan!

Joshua 7:8 O Lord, what shall I say, when Israel turneth their backs before their enemies!

Joshua 7:9 the Canaanites and all the inhabitants of the land shall hear of it, and shall environ us round, and cut off our name from the earth: and what wilt thou do unto thy great name?

Joshua 7:10 And the Lord said unto Joshua, Get thee up; wherefore liest thou thus upon thy face?

Joshua 7:11 Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and they have put it even among their own stuff.

Joshua 7:12 Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.

MESSAGE
Besides isolation from the source of fire and wrong company, another factor that could cause a firebrand to lose its fire is when it is unplugged. Take for example the electric pressing iron: if it is plugged to the power source, no matter how many clothes you iron with it, it will remain hot. But assuming while you are singing and ironing, somebody unplugs it from the power source, you will continue ironing until you observe that the pressing iron no longer have impact on the clothes; by the time you check, the iron would have gone cold. Many leaders have gradually become cold unknowingly and as a result, they are ineffective in their spiritual assignments. This happened to Samson. While he was toying with strange women, Delilah unplugged him from his source of power. He woke up and thought things were still the same, only to find out that he had been reduced to the level of the natural, having lost the supernatural edge (Judges 16:18-20). You cannot toy with the sins of pride, disobedience and immorality and expect things to be the same.

In Joshua 7:1-9, the children of Israel suffered a most avoidable and disgraceful defeat from Ai. Their leader did not just ignore it but sought God's face concerning it. In verses 10-12, God told him the defeat was because He withdrew His support as a result of the sin of some of them. If you are no longer feeling God's presence, check your life. If the Holy Spirit is no longer moving you like He used to, check yourself. If you suffer a defeat from your enemy, check yourself. It is possible God is the One you are now contending with since you sinned. Trace the point you were unplugged. Repent with all sincerity and get connected again. Are you separated from God, get reconnected. Pay whatever price He wants of you until you are re-plugged. You cannot serve God without His backing. So seek His face today until you find Him.

KEY POINT
Any time you break off from the Vine, you are left to handle issues and challenges with your own strength.

18 comments:

  1. Father help me and my family to be reconnected back to you wherever we unknowingly might have been unplugged from you as our source.Uphold us with your right hand of righteousness everyday of our lives.Let your Holy Spirit help us so that we are not unplugged from you in Jesus name.Father please let RCCG continue to remain plugged unto you in Jesus name.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Lord help me to reconnect with you. Truly am a sinner pls forgive, cos I can't do anything without your backing. Help me to reconnect with you IJN. Thank you Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord help me to replug back to u so dat I won't do my ministrial work alone help me Lord Jesus tanx Lord 4 answered prayer IJMN amen!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Help me lord to stay away from sin bcos I can't do without your divine connection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no power of my own, I confess to you, Holy Spirit of God, I have no power of my own. Jehovah without you I am as the dust. Wherever and however I have dis connected, have mercy Jehovah and replug me once more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord,I may not see a sign of being unplugged right now,but because I've done that which is evil in your sight,please forgive me and let the blood of Jesus wash me and the consequences of my sins away. Thank you father for in Jesus name I have pray Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LORD give us the grace to always stay connected to YOU

    ReplyDelete
  8. my heavenly father, i look unto you. any area have disconnected from you, God please reconnected me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father, reconnect me, all I need is you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father everitin arnd me dt is disconnectin me 4rm U,plis visit wit ur mighty hand and set me free 4rm it so dt I may serve U wholly IJN

    ReplyDelete
  11. o Lord my God help me to reconnect back to u. Help me o Lord God, without u i can do notthing. Make me to be that which u want me to be in jesus mighty name, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father I need you to stay Plugged.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Father. Help me to stay connected to you at all times. In Jesus Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Lord help me always to be connected to you because u lord knows my reings. IJN

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord help me to be connected to you any where I have allow a crack spot and d devil is using it to bring me failure pull me by ur mighty had and connect me back 2 u IJN. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. God help me in all areas that im missing it with you.The grace to be reconnected bact to you ,Lord give to me.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews