Saturday 28 September 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - SATURDAY - 28/09/2013 - MOSES, A WORLD LEADER BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



MOSES, A WORLD LEADER

MEMORY VERSE
Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.
Numbers 12:3

READ
Numbers 12:2-4

Numbers 12:2 And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.

Numbers 12:3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)

Numbers 12:4 And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.


MESSAGE
Apart from David, another Bible character that could not win all his internal battles was Moses. This was a man who won Heaven’s prize for meekness the world over during his time.

“Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.”
Numbers 12:3

From this scripture, we learn that God has a record of all prize winners, nation by nation and on a worldwide scale for various areas of the fruit of the Spirit. He has a record of the most loving, most patient, most caring, greatest soul winner, best praise leader, greatest worshipper, most thankful person, etc. if you were assessed by God in all these areas, would you emerge a world leader? If you truly care about your standing in any of these areas before God, and you ask Him, He can tell you. He has the records for every parish and every activity. That means, at the end of thanksgiving service held at every local assembly, God scores everyone who gave Him thanks. Once in a while, He can tell the pastor the person who danced the most or who thanked Him the most, and you can be sure that being the best in a particular activity attracts a special reward above the normal.

Another lesson here is that it is possible to be a world leader in a particular area of grace and still mess up in some other areas. Moses was a world leader in meekness yet he could not win the battle against anger. Further still, we learn that being a world leader in a given area does not absolve you of the punishment for failing in another area. Moses missed the Promised Land because of anger. But thank God he did not miss Heaven. This tells us that while you sustain your strengths, do not neglect your weaknesses. Neglecting your weaknesses can eventually erode the glory of your strengths. Strive to be the best in every Kingdom activity. You can be the best giver in a kingdom project without giving the highest. Just give your all like the widow did.

ACTION POINT
Prayerfully seek God’s face on an area you desire to be a world leader. Ask for grace to do it.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Ezra 1-4

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lord, thank you for this great opportunity. Father help me to be a man always after Your heart and help to be humble. IJN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lord I thank u for giving me the opportunity to serve you,Lord I seek your face in all my service and d grace to be a world leader in my service.... IJN(AMEN)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your word this morning Lord. Daddy make me a true worshipper, most thankfull & a cheerfull giver to the glory of your name IJN. - ID. LOKOYI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet father thank you for your son daddy E.A Adeboye,Rccg,The King's Court Calabar, your son Olalere Emmanuel nd d gift of life dat i have today. Help me father to be a true replica of Christ even as i stand on dis earth as an Ambassador of Zion in Jesus name. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lord for your word, Lord I ask you to make me the most thankfull, true worshipper, and a generouse giver to the glory of God. Baba I seek your face on the area of my weakness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adejumoke oladipupo28 September 2013 at 10:21

    O lord I ask for d grace to be a world leader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord Jesus give me the grace and strength to be a world leader. Show me your almightyness all that concerns me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Grace to be better...in all my spheres of life...can only come from God..who knows my weaknesses...n my strengths..help me Lord to depend on YOU

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord give me thr grace needed in my life.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews