Wednesday 25 September 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY- 25/09/2013 - STARTING SMALL BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



STARTING SMALL

MEMORY VERSE
Though thy beginning was small, yet thy latter end should greatly increase.
Job 8:7

READ
Zechariah 4:6-10

Zechariah 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Zechariah 4:7 Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Zechariah 4:8 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

Zechariah 4:9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.

Zechariah 4:10 For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

MESSAGE
God has appointed time to visit an individual. May your appointed time bring you utmost joy. In 1 Kings 18:41-45, at the seventh time of intensive prayer, the servant of the man of God saw a small sign in the sky, yet the rain would fall, it was massive. This simply tells us that whenever God is to do something great, He starts small. Due to lack of understanding of this, many people have missed God’s plan for their lives. They say God told them He was going to use them mightily but they wonder why they are being given very negligible assignments now. They turned down their small assignment and miss the big ones that should have come out of the small. For those who are over selective concerning matters that God has spoken about, please heed this warning. There are small jobs whose assignment in your life is not to give you your desire haven of rest and comfort, but to link up with that choice of job or assignment! Be very careful how you handle these little assignments. Do you know that you will be assessed on how you handled the smaller jobs or tasks to determine whether you qualify for the big? If you fail in the little, you may be truncated from the big ones.

Zechariah 4:10 says you should not despise the day you started small. Those in senior ecclesiastical positions today did not get there overnight. They started small and today they have been promoted to where they currently are. The mustard seed is the smallest among seeds yet its tree is a giant. Some people want to start a business but they continue to wait until they have a large capital when others have started similar businesses with a very little amount. Let God begin something great through you. Be ready to start small. Do not be afraid to take that step. Some people are fighting to get a job where designed not to be employees, but employers of labour. Jobs 8:7 assures you that as long as you are with the Lord, your latter end shall be very great.

KEY POINT
If little assignment has no place in your life, God would not have brought them.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Isaiah 61-63

20 comments:

  1. Thank u lord 4 d liltle assignment u've placed in my life for my l8ter end to be gr8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord let my latter end be great...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He that started this great work in my life will surely see me through till the end,oh lord,give me the spirit of patience to wait on you to receive the greater blessings you have in store for me....Thank you Heavenly Father.Let your name be glorified.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ll be great ın jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am born to be an employer not d employee. May God grant me d grace to embrace and encourage my little begining IJN..... Twinsworld

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord thank u for u word u sent to me this morning may ur name be bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You JESUS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessed by thy name o lord...lord U̶̲̥̅̊ word U̶̲̥̅̊ ve spoken 2 ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ dis morning bring light α̇̇̇̊n̶̲̥̅̊ð joy in my life amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. Lord for my life,my family and that of my best frnd mrs patricia oduh.....thank you lord for the gift of life..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thank you LORD for the little begining, also thank you for where I am today...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thou my beginning is small I knw dat my latter end shall be great says d lord of host to me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord i worship n thank for the word u sent to my family this morning,i ask for the grace to be patience n Lord let ur word guide n direct our path n let it be a light to our path...............AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Jesus for the opportunity to start small. Bless and enlarge me more and more IJN

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lord I thank you for this message I appreciate you for this little assignment before me Lord I want you to help, giuld and direct me on how to go about it I can only do it with your help and the holy spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tank u lord for the message, for I believe in thy and know all is well with his word,power and grace. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bring them back to me Oh Lord... The little beginning I have ignorantly ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adejumoke oladipupo25 September 2013 at 10:40

    Lord let M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ later end be great

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lord let me not disappoint You wt d little You have comtd in my hands

    ReplyDelete
  19. God I10q u 4 ur 1daful word(s) dt came out 2me dis morning,d grace dt I need not 2 disperse my little begining God should release it upon me IJN............. And dt help dt I needs which will make little begining nt 2be truncated father send it 2me IJN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank my Father and my God for the word and the grace to obey.Lord let your will be done in my life and that of my family in Jesus name.Amen.We shall greatly increase eveyday of our lives in Jesus name.Amen

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews