Tuesday 10 September 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 10/09/2013 - WHAT KIND OF FLIGHT? BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



WHAT KIND OF FLIGHT?

MEMORY VERSE
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

READ
Isaiah 46:3-4

Isaiah 46:3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:

Isaiah 46:4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

MESSAGE 
Every genuinely converted believer in Christ is raised up and set up to sit in Christ Jesus in heavenly places. For such people, Colossians 3:1-4 should be their watchword. Since they are seated in heavenly places in Christ, they should have their eyes set on things that are above, they should also love and desire things that are heavenly. One reason a lot of Christians are not experiencing motion by flying and a reason why some others crash while flying is that they are still looking at the things of the earth, instead of heavenly things.

Looking at flying from a spiritual perspective, there are at least two ways to fly: with your own energy and with God's energy. When birds fly, they usually spend their energy; but a man who travels by an aeroplane flies without any effort. He does not sweat, he eats and drinks, watches video and even has the luxury of using the lavatory while flying. He may strike a business deal with someone or he may decide to sleep, all while still flying. It is not enough to decide to fly; you must equally determine how you want to fly. 
In Exodus 19:3-4, when God was bringing the children of Israel out of bondage, He carried them on eagles' wings. None of their individual or collective efforts could free them all these years, but when God intervened, He delivered them from bondage and placed them where the enemy could no longer touch them. Moreover, when a bird is flying, if it has any item to take to its destination, it would have to carry it with its beak. This is a form of load which could also act as drag on the bird while in flight. It is not easy to fly and at the same time carry a form of load. If such load is heavy, it will retard the speed of flight of the bird. However, if you are flying in an aeroplane and you have any luggage, the aeroplane will carry both you and your luggage. Isaiah 53:4-5 says that God is not only able to carry you, but also can carry your burdens. What are your cares today? What are the things causing worry in your heart? Lay them at His feet by prayer and leave them there. After telling the Lord, like Hannah, stop worrying about them from that moment.

ACTION POINT
Cast your cares and burdens upon the Lord in prayers and watch Him bare you up on eagles' wings.

28 comments:

  1. Heavenly Father, I cast all my fears and burdens in prayer into your hands. Take absolute control and carry me on Eagles Wings. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cast my fears and burden unto Jesus. For he cares for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord Jesus carry me. Cause I have no wings to fly on my own. I am helpless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orlahiyah Ogunmoyin10 September 2013 at 06:40

    Heavenly father,I cast all my fears and burden unto you lord this morning.Take absolute control and carry me on Eagles wings in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  5. God help me cast all my cares upon u!!!and help me to always remember u care for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. akinwunmi kayode pius10 September 2013 at 07:01

    Godfather the father of fatherless child,I cast all my burden unto u this morning av ur way in life,and let my burden be casting away,so that my life we glorify ur name at all time IJN thank u preciuos Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't need to worry Anymore LORD because your favourites fly the easiest way even with the luggage that you permit them. I love you LORD Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Father, my efforts for the past years could not fetch me anything please intervene and cause me to fly in success in Jesus name. Amen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord in ur hands I cast all my cares n burdens,i beg u lord do not forget me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord I cast all my burdens upon u ,I no u wil sustain me In Jesus Name(Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord I cast all my burdens upon u ,I no u wil sustain me In Jesus Name(Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Av wandered far away frm u Lord thinking I can do it by my own strength but av come 2 realise dat am nothing without u. Lord,I come back 2 u 2day with all my heavy burdens,accept me Lord nd all dat I bear. Av mercy dear Lord Jesus nd wash nd cleanse me frm all my iniquities. And frm 2day,help me 2 look up 2 u alone as my help comes frm u.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adejumoke oladipupo10 September 2013 at 08:08

    Lord I cast all my burdens on u I know U̶̲̥̅̊ will make all M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ dreams come through ijn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this message. I've cast mu burden on Him and now looking Jesus; thr author and the finisher of my faith.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord Jesus carry me along as I have no wings to fly and I equally cast all my fears to u in Jesus Name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heavenly father, i̅ thank U̶̲̥̅̊ for allowing ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ τ̲̅ȍ read dis msg dis a.m. Lord Jesus, i̶̲̥̅̊ cast all М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ burdens and fear on U̶̲̥̅̊ cos u're d only 1 that can answer all prayers and i̶̲̥̅̊ knw U̶̲̥̅̊ wȋ̊ℓℓ listen τ̲̅ȍ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥..AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  17. I caSt all my burdens @ ur feet oh lord,forgive me of my sins lord bcos I can't dwell in sins n ask for grace,wash me clean lord,turn my life around n mk me happy lord.thank U jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  18. God help quicken my weaknesses and help me to fly and be focus in You.

    ReplyDelete
  19. EKDIGNITY- God help quicken my weaknesses and help me to fly and be focus in You.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Heavnly Father Let your will be Done in my Life...I cast all my burdens to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Heavnly Father Let your will be Done in my Life...I cast all my burdens to you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cast all my burdens upon u LORD pls don't forget me and my family

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lord Jesus hlp mi to always trust u and drop my problm @ ur feet 4 u to carry dem all.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lord i cast all my burden on you, take me high to the upper most of the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  25. lord i cast my worries, fears, distress,stress, anxiety, frustrations and burdens unto you, and surrender my life to you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My Father and My God I cast my cares upon u b'cos U care. Carry me on eagles wings and help me to fly effortlessly and seek things that are above...Give me the grace Lord Jesus amen.

    ReplyDelete
  27. FATHER WITHOUT YOU AND YOUR HELP,WHO AM I?

    ReplyDelete
  28. FATHER WITHOUT YOU AND YOUR HELP,WHO AM I?

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews