Friday 17 January 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - FRIDAY - 17/1/2014 - THE COMING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

THE COMING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

MEMORISE
And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.
Acts 13:52

READ
John 14:16-17

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

MESSAGE
Do you know that it is possible for a man to become the house of God? 1 Corinthians 6:19 says:

“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”

You can be the temple where the Holy Spirit lives. Your home can also become the house of God, if for instance, you have a house fellowship centre in your house. From time to time, we find Paul writing to someone and telling the person to greet the Church in his house. If there is a Church in your house, you can be sure that the Almighty God will be there. Wherever God is, there will be light there. Where light is, darkness cannot stay. Whenever God comes to visit, He does not come empty handed. When He is dwelling in your heart, you can be sure that He will not come empty handed. As a matter of fact, in 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, the Bible lists for us at least 9 gifts that the Holy Spirit will bring along when He comes to dwell in us. These gifts can be classified into three groups: The Revelation gifts, The Inspiration gifts and The Power gifts. When you have these gifts available to you at any moment, you will find out that it becomes easy for you to win souls. In Acts 2:41, Peter preached one sermon and he won 3,000 souls. I am sure there are many Christians who will be extremely happy if in one year they are able to win 3,000 converts. By the time Peter preached his second sermon in Acts 4:4, 5,000 souls were saved.

Once the Holy Ghost begins to dwell in you, you have the potential that everyone you touch will receive a healing, as it happened in Acts 3:1-8. If the Holy Spirit is dwelling in you, the heat coming out of you will be anointed like it was with Paul in Acts 19:11-12. With this kind of power, you will be able to tear into pieces every spiritual lion, witch and wizard that wants to attack you or your loved ones as was the case with Samson in Judges 14:5-6. In the case of David, it was the anointing of the Holy Spirit that made it possible for him to kill two wild animals - a lion and a bear, with bare hands (1 Samuel 17:34-36). When you are full of the Holy Spirit, it becomes easy for you to live a holy life. You will just discover that holiness is as easy as breathing. The Holy Spirit will then begin to produce His fruit in you. When you are full of the Holy Spirit, people will begin to discover certain new things happening in your life, patterned after Galatians 5:22-23:

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.”

I pray that you will be baptized in the Holy Spirit. Receive this baptism now in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT

Father, I am ready, please cleanse me and fill me with your Holy Spirit NOW in Jesus’ Name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Ephesians 4:17-6:24; 
Psalm 18:29-42

19 comments:

  1. Fill me with your Holy spirit lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renew me lord.. I nid more of U. Holy spirit Rain on me 2day... IJN. Amen..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord I need ur spiritual gifts in live a just life ND may ur Spirit live in me IJN. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fill me With ur HOLY SPIRIT. O LORD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father Pls cleanse me and purify me. Take away every impurity that does not allow Holy Spirit to reside in me fully. And let there be Manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit in my life. In Jesus Name I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord fill my cup to run over

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOlY SPIRIT of d living GOD, fill me anew and prepare me for the gospel oFour Lord Jesus, empower me 2 win more souls to ur kingdom,IJN. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need ur holy spirit in life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heavely father, please cleanse me all the iniquites and let my body be a cleansed temple with the holy spirit filled in me, now & forever more,Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I. Need U holy spirit cleanse me and fill me with the holy spirit Lord.....make me a dwelling place for U....IJN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Revive thy works in our lifes oh lord! Fill me with your holy spirit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father Cleanse me and fill me with your Holy Spirit In Jesus Name...Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crete in me a clean heart nd purify me lord,cleanse my heart nd fill me wit ur holyspirit.. Through christ our lord

    ReplyDelete
  14. Renew your Spirit within me o Lord God of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cast me not away from your prescence o Lord, take not your holy spirit from me
    Restore unto me, the joy of my salvation...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've empty myself Lord , more of you lord and less of me. iv given everything up , HOLY SPIRIT. fill me now.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Father please filled me a fresh in Jesus name I pray, amen

    ReplyDelete
  18. PRAYER POINTS FOR TODAY: THE COMING OF GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT!

    1. Father, we thank you for Your Love and Your Power of of protection over us all the night as we slept! Thank You because You did not allow evil forces to disturb our sleep with nightmares! Thank You for waking us up this morning to see the dawn of another day! To You alone be all the glory! Accept our Thanksgiving in The Name of Jesus!

    2. Father, in Your Presence there is fullness of Joy and at Your right hand is pleasures forever more! Today as we come into Presence with thanksgiving, We Pray that what You did for The First Apostles and Disciples do for us today in The Name of Jesus! Fill us with Joy! fill us with The Holy Ghost to the Overflowing today in The Name of Jesus!

    3. Father, we specially want to Thank You for God The Holy Spirit that You have given to us all as requested by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! Thank You That God The holy Spirit came As our Comforter and He did not come to visit and go, He came to abide with us forever! Father, we shall forever remain grateful and appreciative, accept our Thanks in The name of Jesus!

    4. Father, we thank you once again for Your Peace that passeth all understanding that You gave us! Thank You for in Your Presence we can see the Invincible and hear the inaudible! we can see The Spirit of Truth which is invincible to the world and we know God The Holy Spirit because He dwells within us but which is unknown to the World! Such knowledge is too wonderful for human comprehension! We cannot take this for granted, we can never thank You enough! accept out thanksgiving in The name of Jesus!

    5. Father, we Thank You For making us the temple of God The Holy Spirit! Thank You because wherever we go He is with us! Others can abuse their body like we used to do in the time past, but we dare not for we are the temple of God The Holy Spirit! Others can join their bodies to the body of the harlots like some did in the time past before coming to the saving knowledge of Jesus, but we dare not because we are Your temple! Other, can be unequally yoked together with unbelievers like we were in the time past, but now we dare not because we are the house of God! Father, thank you for winking at us in our days of ignorance, we promised never to abuse or misuse these wonderful privileges accept our thanks in The Name of Jesus!

    6. Father, we Thank You that Physically our homes are your temple as we fellowship made them house of prayers to You! Spiritually our homes are your temple because of Your Presence and with Your presence darkness are replaces with your marvelous Light! Thank You because financially our homes are Your temple because when come You don't come empty Handed, You are always coming with blessing which money cannot buy, thank You for teaching us never to appear before you also empty handed! Thank You for The Gift of The Spirit! We Thank You for The Fruit of The Spirit! These gifts and fruit are making us to fulfill You Commandment to do Greater Works than these and to do exploits for You! Accept out thanks in The Name of Jesus!

    LET SOMEBODY SHOUT AMEN HALLELUJAH
    EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father clean me up and fill me with your spirit.

      Delete

    Total Pageviews