Friday 3 January 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - FRIDAY - 3/1/2014 - HONOUR & DISHONOUR: TWO SIDES OF DIVINE PURPOSE BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

HONOUR & DISHONOUR: TWO SIDES OF DIVINE PURPOSE

MEMORISE
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2 Timothy 2:20

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Romans 7:7-9:29,
 Psalm 5

READ
John 6:66-71

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

John 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

John 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

John 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

John 6:71 He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.


MESSAGE
Either for honour or dishonour, everyone is born to fulfil a purpose. You are however responsible for the category of God’s purpose you fulfil in His overall operations among men.

“If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.”
2 Timothy 2:21

A man can also either help or hinder God’s purpose for his life. For example, God’s purpose for Samson was that he should deliver Israel from their oppressors. But tragically, the completion of his assignment depended on his moral discipline, which he ignored (Judges 13:5).

John the Baptist is an example of a vessel unto honour. God spoke concerning him that he would convert many souls into the Kingdom. For this purpose, he was filled with the Holy Ghost right from his mother’s womb. He did not have any opportunity to live a self-seeking life from childhood until his death because of the influence of the Holy Spirit upon him from the womb (Luke 1:13-17). Judas Iscariot however allowed himself to be used for the other side of the coin of divine purpose. He allowed himself to be used negatively to fulfil a divine purpose; that is, to betray the Saviour of mankind as it was ordained ages before he was born (John 6:64). In the same spiritual environment where Judas Iscariot was nurtured and turned out to be a thief and a betrayer, John the Beloved also was nurtured and became the most intimate disciple of the Lord (John 13:23). Before you were born, God had a purpose. The good news is that as for me and the children God has given me – both biological and spiritual, we are for signs, wonders and divine purpose unto honour. If you are one of my children, congratulations! You are on your way to fulfilling your divine purpose. Honour is your portion in Jesus’ Name. If you are not, you can be grafted in by giving your life to Christ as you say this prayer:
  
Lord Jesus, I acknowledge I’m a sinner. I acknowledge the price you paid for my sins on the cross of Calvary, and I accept your offer of salvation. Wash me with your blood, make me a new person and write my name in the Book of Life. Thank you for your mercy and forgiveness, and for accepting me into your family, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

ACTION POINT

Find out the divine purpose for your life and work towards actualising it to the glory of God.

21 comments:

  1. Father, show me your divine purpose in my life and help me actualised them for God's glory in Jesus Name. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father reveal your purpose to me and help me to fulfilled your divine purpose in life. God will continue to bless our Daddy G.O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father av ur way in my life. Thank u Jesus 4 ur word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Help me lord, to discover and work towards the divine purpose of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done sir, may GOD continue to reward you for dis grate work in Jesus name, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Spirit Divine, influence everything I do, that i may seek your perfect will and not my will in order to be fit for the masters use.....Thanks a lot Daddy Adeboye for being an inspiration always. May the good Lord grant you more of His anointing to function.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Help me Lord to fulfill divine purpose in Jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord I ask that you grant me divine wisdom to actualise your divine purpose for my life. As for your servant daddy GO, more anointing in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father let ur divine purpose come to fulfillment in my life, and grant me d grace to live according to ur will for my life IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this. I currently do not have a paper copy of the new Open Heavens, this continues to be beneficial to my spiritual growth.

    You are doing a great job Kingscourt. The Lord will reward you for sharing the gospel through this means.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father, make ur Honour Divine Purpose in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daddy help me discover your will and purpose for me IJN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Father, make me ur Divine purpose of Honour in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Father thank you because l am one of Daddy E.A ADEBOYES children by reason of which i and my family are for signs and wonders.so God's divine purpose unto honour is sure for me, my husband and Children.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Father, thank u for chosen me to be ur vessel unto honour, in every areas of my life, let ur will be done, order my step towards fulfilling divine purpose. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mays His devine purpose for life and love ones materialize into a fulfil one IJN...Amen

    ReplyDelete
  17. In Him I live and move and have my being... A vessel unto honour I shall be to thee, dear Father!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I choose 2b a Vessle unto Honor 2day IJN: Amen! I'm 4 signs&wonders ds Yr&beyond! Glory Hallelujah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I choose 2b a Vessle unto Honor 2day IJN: Amen! I'm 4 signs&wonders ds Yr&beyond! Glory Hallelujah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LORD HELP ME TO ACTUALIZE MY PURPOSE OF COMING TO THIS WORLD. AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hlp me lord to fulfil ur divine purpose IJN. Amen

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews