Wednesday 8 January 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY - 8/1/2014 - PROVOKING SIGNS & WONDERS I BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



PROVOKING SIGNS & WONDERS I

MEMORISE
Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
John 11:40

READ
Matthew 8:8-10

Matthew 8:8  The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

Matthew 8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.

Matthew 8: 10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

MESSAGE
You must follow some spiritual principles if you want signs and wonders to become daily occurrences in your life. God is so generous to all that He has made it easy for all men to provoke His signs and wonders. Every record of signs and wonders in the Bible and in modern times can be traced to certain factors which were responsible for their occurrence. One of such factors is prayer. Prayers come in different forms. The prayer of the centurion is the model I want us to consider as a typical prayer that provokes signs and wonders. If there is an example of a prayer that was answered instantly with commendation, it is the prayer of the centurion. The prayer of this man made the wonder-working Saviour to marvel! This prayer manifests something I must draw your attention to: it was a prayer of humility. The man said: “I am not worthy”. When you listen to some people praying to God, you begin to wonder whether they are talking to their houseboy or maid. With every sense of arrogance, they begin to issue commands after listing the reasons for which they believe God must answer them! May your prayer-life receive a fresh sense of humility, coupled with an assurance that will provoke signs and wonders in Jesus’ Name.

Another spiritual principle that provokes signs and wonders is the principle of praise and worship. When I see some people who think they are too good to worship the King of kings I begin to wonder what they think themselves to be. Do you know that even if God wanted to say no to your request and you worship Him, the ‘no’ can become ‘yes’? The Syro-phenician woman in Matthew 15:21-28 came to Jesus and said: “Have mercy on me; my daughter is grievously vexed of the devil”. Jesus didn’t answer her a word. This woman persisted in asking, yet Jesus seemed not to pay attention to her. He even said He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. The Bible says the woman came and worshipped Him saying: “I know I don’t qualify for a miracle but look at me, I am on my knees”. At the end of the day, she got her miracle. So when you hear me eulogising God with names such as: Rock of ages, Ancient of days, the Lion of the tribe of Judah etc, I know what I am doing. I am provoking signs and wonders. How many people get up in the morning and say: “Thank you Lord” on a daily basis? When you do so, you are provoking signs and wonders that will greet the day you are going into. As from today, learn how to use the weapons of prayer, praise and worship to provoke the needed signs and wonders in your life.

ACTION POINT
Before you begin to bombard God with your requests, thank Him, worship Him and praise Him for all His benefits you have received in the past.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
1 Corinthians 8:1-11:16;

Psalm 9:11-20

25 comments:

  1. Lord I 'll always thank you everyday of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, I thank you for today's message and I also say a big thank you for Preserving me and my family till date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for this insightful words. His praise will always be in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u jesus cos u're my all in all.halleuyah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you GOD for the gift of life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord I want to say thank u 4 ur word this day, I thank u 4 been there for me all this years and most of all Lord for the gift of life, may ur praise never leave my lips in Jesus Name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Lord, in humble adoration ℓ̊ worship u. Am very grateful for all u av done, what u r doing n dt wc u wld do. Thank u heavenly father. ℓ̊ come to u wif a broken @ n a contrite spirit. Pls accept me IJN. Thank u Pst for ds revelation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father I thank u for todays message,for u hav review ur mind to us,lord I thank u 4 d miracles of slpin and wakein up.I luv u lord

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father,I am not worthy to request for much but please have mercy on me and my household In Jesus Name

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You the Arugbo-ojo,oba adagba ma paro-oye,Emmanuel,I LOVE YOU LORD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you lord

    ReplyDelete
  13. God give me a humble Spirit,expecially to receive from youzm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gracious Father of light, we like to say a very Big thank you the beautiful life you have blessed us with and for revealing your purpose to us so early. We also thank you because we know you have empowered us to complete the work in due time. Thank you soooo much O Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Victoria Funmilola8 January 2014 at 08:15

    Thank you faithful redeemer not for anything, but For EVERTHING!!! I exalt you agbanilagbatan. Kabi o kosi ooo..

    ReplyDelete
  16. From the bottom of my humble heart, I want to say Ese Baba. Thank you LORD for my life. You are worthy to be praised.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Heavenly father, this morning I and my family are saying a very BIG thank u for visiting us in ur mercy 14yrs ago by delivering our lives frm sudden death in dat serious motor accident, u spared our lives till dis day 4 ur signs & wonders, thank u JESUS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lord, I humbly say Thank You Baba for my life and all that You given to me and have made me to be. I worship You majesty. You are awesome Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank u lord 4 this mesage, Daddy am so sowi 4 not thnking u 4 the gift of life

    ReplyDelete
  20. God I give u praise 4 all u have done 4 me and my family.THANK U JESUS

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will enter Your gate with thanksgiving in my heart! I will enter Your court with praise! I will say this the day that the Lord has made..... I will rejoice.. Heavenly Father! I thank You for the word today. I will continue to praise You Lord everyday of my life.... I bless you Lord! You are the Indescribable, Unchangeable, Unshakeable and Unstoppable Lord...

    ReplyDelete
  22. GOD i thank you for today's message i will always praise u, worship u, and thank u for what u av done,doing and the one u wi do

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lord I thank u for everything u have done in my lyf n my family. I give u all d glory

    ReplyDelete
  24. Worthy is. Your name Lord! Thank you for everything you done!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glory to God I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the highet..

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews