Tuesday 7 January 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 7/1/2014 - MIRACLE-PRODUCING EXPECTATIONS BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

MIRACLE-PRODUCING EXPECTATIONS

MEMORISE
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

READ
Matthew 9:20-22

20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:

21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.

22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

MESSAGE
Having expectations depends on many variables, particularly if we are talking about having expectations of God. One of these variables is the promise. If God has made you a promise, then you have the right to expect that the promise will be fulfilled. In Genesis 8:22, the Almighty God made a promise. It is based on this promise that the expectation of a farmer rests. He said as long as the earth remains, seed time and harvest shall never cease. This promise of God is the basis on which a farmer planting a seed expects that there will be a harvest. Another variable which expectations depend upon is the integrity of the one giving the promise. If you are dealing with a man who doesn’t keep his promises, you don’t expect anything from him. If you are dealing with a man who in the past said “I am going to the right” and you discovered he went to the left, the next time he says “I am coming”, you will know he is going. Thank God that Numbers 23:19 says clearly that our God is not a man that He should lie. Once He makes a promise, you can go to bed knowing it will be fulfilled. The resources and ability of the one who has made a promise is another foundation upon which an expectation depends. There was a time I visited my village and a little boy ran to me asking for a pair of shoes for Christmas. I promised to buy him one. The young boy started spreading the news that he would soon own a brand new pair of shoes. His mates did not believe him until he told them that it was “Lagos Daddy” (as I was being called then) that promised him a pair of shoes. The reason being that, apart from the fact that they all knew that whatever “Daddy from Lagos” promised to do he would do; they also knew that God had blessed him with the wherewithal to keep his promises.

In our Bible reading for today, the woman with the issue of blood had a miracle-producing expectation. This woman sought Jesus Christ with great expectation and she got what she wanted – a miracle of healing. It is unfortunate that many people go to the presence of God without an iota of expectation, whereas the Bible in Isaiah 45:19a says:

“I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain:”

I want to encourage you to begin to seek and trust the miracle-working God with great expectations for salvation, healing and astonishing breakthrough. I prophesy to your life that the mouth-opening miracle you have been expecting will come your way this season in Jesus’ Name.

PRAYER POINT

Father, my expectation is to have blessings that will overflow unto many nations; please bring this to fulfilment in the Name of Jesus.

32 comments:

  1. Father, I thank You because You have never disappointed me and You will never fail anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please what's the passage for the bible in one year reading plan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 Corinthians 5-7
      Psalm 9:1-10

      Delete
  3. Almighty God! I thank you for your promises concerning success in my past examination. Thank you because no power will stop my graduation and am going to come out in flying color this year june 1st 2014 In jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Lord may my expectation come true this year in Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jesus for your word blessed be your holy name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father, my expectation is to have blessings that will overflow unto many nations, Father please bring this to fulfillment in the Jesus of Name.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father, my expectation is to have blessings that will overflow unto many nations, Father please bring this to fulfillment in the Name of Jesus.AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  8. O lord I thank you for your fulfilled promises in my life. Father change my attitude for better in my relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you God becos u will bring my desires to fulfillment IJN. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father, bring 2 fulfilment all your promises in my life & that of my family in this year 2014 & make my trust in you firm In Jesus Name

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen !! In Jesus name ... http://www.toridey.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. O Lord,let your promise of fruitfulness come to pass in my family marriage, I belief Lord,let me not be put to shame, amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lord let ur power of fruitfulness come to pass in my marriage,let me and my husband multiply.Lord take away quick anger in my life Amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen. Thank you Lord for fulfilling all your promises for me & my family this year. Glory be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord my miracle expection is a job or biz plan this year IJN

    ReplyDelete
  16. Father lord, may my expectation of this seasons tat of my family come to pass ijn amen...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Father, I believe ur word in Prov 23 vs 18, let it be unto me according to thy word, thank u Heavenly Father in Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lord jesus I thank u 4 fulfilling ur promises in my life,nd I decree 2day dat my xpectations shall nt b cut short IJN

    ReplyDelete
  19. Father may my expectations come to pass and may I & my family serve you in truth and in spirit...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Lord, I thank you for allowing me be a partaker of this season of overflow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Father please bless me beyond my imagination in JESUS name..Amen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank u jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Father bless me and my family beyond our imagination this year ijn

    ReplyDelete
  24. O Lord I pray dat all my expectation and ur promise 2wards me dis year shall cum through and dat my surename will change dis year in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  25. father i ask for forgivness f sins and that may u provide for my family d finances weneed to go on in 2014 and all d years thank u lord for it isdone
    amen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fathertthank you for your word and your son daddy G.O.every promises concerning, my family please let it come to pass in Jesus name amen

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thnk u father for u never fail

    ReplyDelete
  28. Father, my expectation is to have blessings that will overflow unto many nations; Father my expectation this year is that u settle me maritally,please bring this to fulfilment in the Name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  29. father in heaven I have been waiting for a word an answer to what I came here for speak to me lord as you have done for others in the past and even now you have always been faithful to me and I know this time you will manifest you healing and peace in my body in jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  30. Father, my expectation is to have blessings that will overflow unto many nations; please bring this to fulfilment in the Name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews