Thursday 2 January 2014

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY - 2/1/2014 - BORN FOR A PURPOSE BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


BORN FOR A PURPOSE


Memorise

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light
1 Peter 2:94



Read

Jeremiah 1:4-5



Jeremiah 1:4 Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 


Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 


Message
One of the things you must endeavour to know is God’s purpose for your life. You were born for a purpose. You are not an accident. You are a product of divine wisdom, knowledge and understanding. The Almighty God does nothing arbitrarily. In everything He does, He is known for clear cut purposes. He knows where He is heading before He sets out on any course. Even for those things or people you think are bad, there is a purpose they serve in the circle of life. Each purpose of God is known to Him from the beginning.

This is revealed in Acts 15:18:


“Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.”


God’s purposes are known to Him. This is so comforting for us to know. We have issues with God and with ourselves because we don’t know what He knows about us. Another reason we have issues is that we don’t make out enough time to seek His purpose for our lives. Since the fall of man, an inclination towards self-rule has been a part of every natural man. We rely on our human assessment and understanding of ourselves to determine what we think should be the purpose of our existence. Not seeking God’s purpose and self reliance are traits that hinder man from the glorious purpose for which God created him. This was not the case with Joseph; he knew he was not going to end up being the chief of slaves in Potiphar’s house; hence he refused to be the “favourite” of the madam of the house (Genesis 39:8-9). Later on in life, when his brethren began to exercise fears of retaliation, Joseph revealed his knowledge of the purpose of God for his life by saying: 


”… Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”
Genesis 50:19b-20



Everyone in the world came for a purpose. From what God told Jeremiah, we see that His purpose for us is not an after-thought. He had thought out His purpose for each of us before ever creating us. It also tells us that even though He has all power, wisdom, knowledge and understanding to do anything, He does nothing without a purpose. There is a purpose attached to your life; strive to discover it from today.



Prayer Point

Father, I thank you for your purpose concerning my life. Please give me a revelation of your purpose for my life in the Name of Jesus.

23 comments:

  1. Father pls give me a clear revelation of your purpose 4my life in Jesus name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father As I take every step this year Reveal your purpose for my life in Jesus Name. A man or woman that understand or knows God's purpose for his or her life will not struggle in life but rather go through the storms of life with Boldness and Faith not fear. God help me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you lord for ur purpose in my life, I know and believe that purpose will manifest in my life this year in jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father let me know your purpose for my life this year and it'll come to pass in Jesus Name,direct and order my steps,this i ask for In Jesus Name AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father, I thank you for your purpose concerning my life, please give me a revelation of your purpose for my life in the Name of Jesus....Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I want this year is to know your purpose for my life

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how we can know he's purpose for our lives..

    Its difficult to just follow a propesy these days.. Cus most of them are false and of a selfish interest by the teller...

    God help us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank u Lord Jesus bcos u created me for a purpose, Father I pray dat u'll give me a clear revelation of ur purpose for my life dis year 2014 IJN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father let ur purposse com to fulfilment in my life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father! I receive grace not to be distracted or drifted from your purpose for my life in Jesus mighty name, help me to finish well and finish strong in Jesus mighty name Amen.....Lokoyi ID.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father Lord, let every step I take lead me to God divine purpose for my life in Jesus Mighty Name

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father lord pls give me a revelation of ur purpose in my li m.l


    Father lord pls give me a revelation of ur purpose for my life in Jesus name Amen


    ReplyDelete
  13. Father show me ur way and let your purpose for my life be fulfil IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Father, Help me to fulfil the purpose of my existence IJN. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Father I thank you lord for everything, pls lord reveal unto me the purpose for my life IJN... Amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heavenly father please reveal the purpose of my life to me In Jesus Name....Amen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please I'm still looking for help. What do I do my pastor drinks and sell strong alcoholic drinks? When confronted he gives a flimsy excuse and says its his life. Would it be drastic if I change church?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please Keep Praying for Him and Also if possible inform a higher Authority in that region either the regional, provincial or zonal pastor....maybe the PFN chairman.

      Delete
  18. hello. kudos to this great work. please kindly include bible for a year parts too. so we can read throughout the year. thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so blessed with this because the order we made in my church was not delivered and you're God sent

    ReplyDelete
  20. PRAYER POINTS FOR TODAY: WE ARE BORN FOR A PURPOSE!
    1. Father, Thank You for Your Power that kept us all the night! Thank You for Your Hand of love and affection that woke us up to see the dawn of the second day of The New Year Of The Overflow! Father. Accept our thanks in The Name of Jesus!
    2. Father, You are a God of purpose! You are not a God of coincidence! You will not make anything without a purpose! I am wonderfully and fearfully created in Your image for a purpose! I am not an accident or an afterthought! I will fulfil purpose! I will not abuse Your purpose over my life! For I am born for a purpose!
    3. Father, I thank for Your deep and intimate knowledge of me and my being! I thank You for You know me before You made me or formed me in my mother’s womb! I have not chosen You, You have chosen me! You have ordained me a prophet unto the nations before I was born! You have commanded me to go forth and bear fruits that will remain to the very end! Such knowledge is so awesome to me! Father I appreciates You!
    4. Father, I trust You with all my heart! I will not lean on my own understanding! I surrender my will to You totally and completely! Take over every department of my life! In all my ways I will acknowledge You for I know You will direct my part! I declare that the era of self rule and self will comes to an end in my life today! Father, take over my life and it be consecrated to You my Lord Jesus!
    5. Father, I stand by the truth of Your Word concerning me today! I am a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that I will show forth the praises of Jesus Who have called me out of darkness into His marvellous light!
    6. Father, I will strive daily to discover Your purpose for my life and to fulfil them! I thank You for Your purpose concerning my life. Please give me a revelation of Your purpose for my life in the Name of Jesus.
    LET SOMEBODY SHOUT A RESOUNDING HALLELUJAH!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR OF DIVINE OVERFLOW!
    EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Please can u be adding the daily reading to it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews