Monday 11 November 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - MONDAY - 11/11/2013 - MEEKNESS BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


MEEKNESS

MEMORY VERSE
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
Luke 23:34

READ
Acts 7:54-60

Acts 7:54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

Acts 7:55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

Acts 7:56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Acts 7:57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

Acts 7:58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

Acts 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Acts 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

MESSAGE
One of the outstanding qualities of the midwives in Exodus 1:15-21 is meekness. Many people usually misconstrue meekness for weakness but this is not so. To be meek is to be capable of doing a lot of damage but to refuse to use such powers for evil. Those midwives had the power to kill new born babies but they refused to use it. Matthew 5:5 says,

Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

This tells us that if you are meek, you will attract material possessions in ways you cannot explain. That also means that if you usually use the power at your disposal to do evil and not show mercy, you will be repelling material things in ways that you cannot understand. No wonder the meekness of the midwives gave them households! In addition, meekness causes things on the earth to cooperate with the one who has it. Meekness is a show of mercy. The merciful obtains mercy and the way of the meek is clear. When the way to progress or prosperity is blocked for some people, they will begin to look for some external enemies, not knowing that it is their vengeful, highly retaliatory and unforgiving disposition that is causing it.

Every believer is a potential divine midwife and as such should be meek. When somebody is doing everything to pull you down, and you have information about the fellow that can bring him or her down, don't use it. Those who say: 'Before you bring me down I will clear you out of the way', are lacking in meekness. Is your senior pastor persecuting you? Are you seeking ways to get back at him or even to get him sacked? If you are, where is your meekness? A meek fellow does not have the terms: vengeance, unforgiving spirit, impatience with offenders, etc., in his or her dictionary. The meek fellow makes excuses for his or her offenders. Moses was the meekest of men in his days. Also when Stephen was being stoned to death, what did he say? He told the Lord not to record the event leading to his death because they did not know what they were doing. That was also what our Lord Jesus Christ did. That is meekness.

KEY POINT
If you will not be meek because of the sacrifice it entails, be meek because of the rewards it attracts.

25 comments:

  1. Lord grant me the spirit of meekness according to your will IJMN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord jesus. I pray u grant me the meekness of. Heart to bear with. The wicket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord give me ur grace to be meek IJN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord giv me abundat grace to be meek all d dayz of my lyf 2ru Christ our Lord, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord give me the grace to be meek in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord enable m 2 b meek IJN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to say a big thank you for today's message.I was about to punish my worker...all to the glory of God.."Meekness"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord grant us the grace to be meek. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh God grant me the Grace to be MEEK all the dys of my lyf.Ijn(AMEN)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord,cause me to be meek and humble in Jesus Mighty Name

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord help me to be meek at all times

    ReplyDelete
  12. Grant me d grace 2 b meek in jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need ur mercy Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I declare that today and everyday of my life I shall be ruled by the Spirit of God. By His power i demonstrate practically the virtue of meekness in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There Lord in everything i do let ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ do in meekness. The grace τ̩̩̥ø be meek in all i do grant unto ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lord, teach me to be n meek n humble in day to day activities of life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. God grant me your mercy . In God I trust .

    ReplyDelete
  18. Uhmmmmm .. the word off the lord is alive .. Revelation in my hrt . God hav mercy and help year humble me . God bbe wt u sir . G.O.. http://www.toridey.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank u very much for this wonderful message. It really pays to be meek. Humanly speaking it is impossible, but with the fullness of God's spirit, it's possible. May God help us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lord, please grant me grace to be meek in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lord thank u for ur word, grant me d spirit of meekness no matter d situation I find myself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lord grant me the grace 2 b meek.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lord grant me the spirit of meekness, the same at work in the life of your servant Pastor E.A. Adeboye, in Jesus Precious name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews