Monday 18 November 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - MONDAY- 18/11/2013 - EVIDENCES OF BROKENNESS BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


EVIDENCES OF BROKENNESS

MEMORY VERSE
If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Colossians 3:1

READ
Colossians 3:1-4

Colossians 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Colossians 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

MESSAGE
God created us to have and to exercise a free will. Consequently, we are capable of making choices and we are also responsible for the repercussion of those choices. It is possible to be partially or completely broken as a Christian. Being broken can affect very crucial aspect of the Christian life your will, desires, tongue, focus and even your body. The reason many wives struggle with God's command to submit to their husbands is because they have not been broken. To be broken, you may have to give up your will for God's greater will. When Jesus yielded to God's will to go to the Cross, it was a mark of being broken (Luke 22:39-44). If you always want to have things your way, you are not broken. But when you get to a point where you are ready to insist on His will in all situations and subjugate yours, then you are broken. Unbrokenness has robbed many believers of God's best gifts. Many sisters have rejected God's will in marriage and ran with theirs. This will surely lead them into troubled waters. Are you ready to submit to His will in your job, marriage, career, ministry, etc?

How about your desires which are closely linked with your will? Colossians 3:1-4 says the desires of a broken fellow, are heavenly. If you assess your personal prayer requests, what percentage is on worldly things and what percentage is on heavenly things? A broken fellow is Heaven-focused. He is out to please the Father and not himself. There is nothing he cannot part with for the Kingdom of God. A broken fellow has completely surrendered his whole body to the Lord (Romans 12:1). He loves God so much that He cannot sin against God with his body. He is so much in love with God that he is ready to give his life for the sake of the Gospel and joyfully so. Are you broken? Have you yielded your all on the altar of sacrifice? Have you subordinated your will to His?

ACTION POINT

Examine yourself and list the tangible evidence of brokenness in your life.

18 comments:

  1. O LORD, help me to be broken to You in all areas of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help me Lord to live for YOU and YOU alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lord! Give I pray thee a Receptive heart unto thine hand maid, a broken and a contrite heart You will not resist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heavenly father, grant me the grace to be totally broken. And let your will prevail always in every aspect of my life in Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God give me that strength and power to achieve brokenness to your glory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord, d grace 2 focus on d tins above grant un2 me, nd I ask 4 a broken spirit. Thank u Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God! I pray for the grace to be completely broken in the area of my tongue. And to be able to part away anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lord for your word,d spirit to do your will willing father restore it in me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord Jesus in every areas of my life dat needs brokenness, Lord make it cm to pass IJN Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thank U LORD JESUS for U were broken for our sins.I ask for UR Grace and help to be broken in mind,body and spirit so dat I can do UR will and serve U forever.I ask and I pray for everyone I know and do not know in JESUS Name.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh lord help me to remain broken and never to mould myself again

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord let thy will b done in my life. Every area of my life dat needs brokeness let thy will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everlasting father for words this morning, Lord I pray that the grace to do your will in all areas of my life lord endow me in jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everlasting father for words this morning, Lord I pray that the grace to do your will in all areas of my life lord endow me in jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord help me that I may not suffer for the consequences of bad decisions I had taken , on self will .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Lord because you're the potter of my life, I ask that you break me down and remould me for your purpose in Jesus' name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lord direct me oh lord

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you lord for your word, it soothes my heart so well. Lord I humble myself and pray ye thee that you bestow upon me that broken spirit in every aspect of my life

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews