Wednesday 13 November 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY - 13/11/2013 - HE EMPOWERS WORDS BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


HE EMPOWERS WORDS

MEMORY VERSE
And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.
1 Samuel 3:19

READ
1 Samuel 3:19-21

1 Samuel 3:19 And Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.

1 Samuel 3:20 And all Israel from Dan even to Beersheba knew that Samuel was established to be a prophet of the Lord.

1 Samuel 3:21 And the Lord appeared again in Shiloh: for the Lord revealed himself to Samuel in Shiloh by the word of the Lord.

MESSAGE
When you become a divine champion, God will support, promote, strengthen, and make you wise; He will love you, sponsor and sustain you. May He do all these to you from today. In addition, a divine champion fights in the name of the Almighty God. When David was in the ring with Goliath, he told him, you have come to fight me with physical weapons but I have come to fight you with the name of the Lord (1 Samuel 17:45). A divine champion is an ambassador of the Lord. When he speaks, God backs up his words. Concerning one divine champion, 1 Samuel 3:19 has this to say:

And Samuel grew, and the LORD was with him, and did let none of his words fall to the ground.

This is so reassuring and powerful! That a man will decree a thing and God will take up the responsibility of effecting it. In other words, God's champion gives God tasks to do and He obeys. That also means that God is as committed to His champion as much as His champion is committed to Him.

In 2 Kings 1:9-12, when some bands of soldiers came to arrest Elijah, they said to him, 'Man of God, the king wants to see you'. He replied, 'If I am a man of God, let fire descend from heaven and roast you': and it was so. God sent fire from Heaven which reduced the soldiers to ashes. At another time, the same Elijah told King Ahab, 'As God remains on the throne and I remain His servant, the windows of heaven are shut from giving rain for some years until I reverse this decree' (1 Kings 17:1): and it was so. For the next three and half years, the nation went through its worst drought because God backed up the words of His champion. Are you a divine champion? How many of your decrees have received divine backing? Yet, this is achievable! If God will let none of the words of Samuel fall to the ground, He can equally uphold yours. The question is: what have you done to provoke divine backing? How obedient are you to divine instructions? How much of His Word do you listen to, study, memorise and meditate upon? Do you honour God above everything else? Do you win souls?

KEY POINT

Which do you belong to of these two categories of God's servants - those that God upholds and establish their words or those that lack divine backing and their words fail?

19 comments:

  1. I belong to those that God upholds and establish their words....Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, please make me your divine champion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lord for today's message, Daddy in every area of my life make me a divine champion in jesus name "AMEN"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lord for today's message, Daddy in every area of my life make me a divine champion in jesus name "AMEN"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord empower me so that I will becum a champiom that decree a thing and it has spiritual backin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those that God uphold,God make. Me a divine champion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a divine champion in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  8. I belong 2 dose dat God uphold and establish dere wods

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lord, help me, help me to catch fire for You. There is nothing I can on my own. Help me to be closer to You. Have mercy on me and help me to be a divine champion. Back up my words with action and manifestation in Jesus mighty name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh God make me a Divine Champion IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a divine champion by the special Grace of God Almighty... Thank Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ Lord for your word wich i receive with blessings a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ thanksgiving I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ the Mighty name of Jesus Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oluwa Ranmi lowo and let not my words falls to ground when I called !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lord make me ur devine champion dat my words may fall nt to d ground again IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spirit of d living God fall heavily afresh on me. Lord have mercy on me n reign in my life 4 in u I am satisfied! Thank u 4 ur word Lord God.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord help mi and let not my words falls to ground in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Father help mi 2 say a thing n let it av a spiritual backup n also d grace 2 be obedient 2 ɣu̶̲̥̅̊я instructions amen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Father I receive divine grace that makes one a divine champion. By this grace I'll do all it takes to remain the divine champion you have created me to be. Thank you Father, in Jesus' name I pray. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  18. I belong to those that God uphold and establish...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh God, have mercy on me and make me your divine champion that none of my word shall unto the ground. Adesina

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews