Saturday 16 November 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - SATURDAY - 16/11/2013 - SIMPLY GRACE BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


SIMPLY GRACE

MEMORY VERSE
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

READ
1 Corinthians 15:9-10

1 Corinthians 15:9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

1 Corinthians 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

MESSAGE
After identifying his problem, King Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20:4-13 refused to walk by sight but looked up to God in the face of threats. This was exactly what God wanted. 2 Corinthians 5:7 says,

For we walk by faith, not by sight:

Those who will be ready for God's use in these end times must be ready to walk by faith and not by sight. Our sense of sight is so limited. Sight sees and speaks only of what is available, but if you have to wait until certain resources are available, you may never achieve what God wants done. For instance, when God sent Elijah to the widow at Zarephath in 1 Kings 17:8-16, if she was to wait until she had enough before accepting to take in the man of God, she would never have obeyed God's Word, and would most probably have died during the famine. Many times, if we were to go by our physical weaknesses, we would never have been used by God to do the impossible.

The difference between what we have and what we need for the assignment is His grace. When God is sending you on an assignment, He knows your limitations before asking you to go. If He cannot make up the shortfall, He would not have sent you. How is it ever possible for one to chase a thousand and two to chase ten thousands if the sense of sight is applied? It is only grace! How can God pick up a notorious robber, clean him up and ask him to go and start preaching to people including those he once robbed? Sight will say: Never; but thank God for grace. How can God give that assignment to you, in spite of your low educational qualifications, whereas, by all reasonable standards, it is meant for professors? It could only have been possible by His grace. So trust His grace. His grace can fix the difference. Accept that task the Lord is giving to you because He had already prepared to cover up the difference. His grace will be sufficient for you.

PRAYER POINT

Father, between what I have and what I need to do Your assignment, let Your grace cover up the difference.

12 comments:

  1. I claim the GRACE of GOD today even as I go out. Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord Thannks forr ur grace over ♏v̶̲̥̅ family and ii,more of Ȋ̝̊̅† oh Lord.Amen.

      Delete
  2. Thank lord for your grace over me and my families

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father thank u 4 ur word, let's ur grace continue to cover wot I ave and d assignment dat I need to do in d mighty name of jesus Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father I need ur Grace, let ur grace Be sufficient in my life in Jesus name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lord for ur grace over me and my family, let that grace be continuously sufficient for me always. IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My God I appreciate ur grace upon what I ve n what I need bcos ur grace has fill in d gap.thank Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father, between what I have and what I need to do your assignment, let your grace cover up the difference in jesus name, Amen...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father, thank you for your grace that has brought me thus far. I receive more of this grace to be what you have destined me to be. I know that by your grace I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heavenly Father, between
    what I have and
    what I need to do
    your assignment, let
    your grace cover up
    the difference in
    Jesus name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you lord for U̶̲̥̅̊я sufficient grace upon М̤̣̲̣̈̇γ̥ life and entire family.Let U̶̲̥̅̊я grace cover up the differences of what I have and what I need † do М̤̣̲̣̈̇γ̥ assignment in jesus name Amen.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews