Tuesday 12 November 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 12/11/2013 - WITNESS OF HIS JOY BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE



WITNESS OF HIS JOY

MEMORY VERSE
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
Psalm 16:11

READ
Luke 2:8-10

Luke 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

Luke 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

MESSAGE
We are saved to bear witness of God's goodness in our lives, particularly His power to heal and ability to give peace. God also wants us to be witnesses of His joy. Psalm 16:11 says joy is always available where God is present. But for this truth, how could Paul and Silas be singing in prison (Acts 16:25-26)? In 1975, I went to Kirikiri prisons (Lagos, Nigeria) for the first time together with an elder. There was a young man who was playing the organ and dancing with so much joy that I could not ignore him, he was about to be released? I asked. The elder told me that the boy bagged a life sentence: he had a quarrel with his friend, gave him a slap and the friend fell down and died. He was charged accordingly and sentenced to death but appealed and his sentence was commuted to life. In prison, he met the Lord and discovered that one could be in prison and yet be spiritually free.

Recently, I visited the prison and a man was introduced to me who has been there for 28 years on death row. When every other inmate is sleeping, those on death row will be half awake listening for the footsteps of the executioners until 5 a.m. before they can be sure they will still be alive for that day. Imagine living like this for 28 years! While conducting a service for them, he was singing, shouting and clapping that at least God had given him another day. If somebody whose life is filled with lots of suspense can praise God for each day, why should we not praise God more with a full life ahead of us? It is sad that some believers would have to be pushed or virtually compelled to praise God. Are you a proof producer of His joy? We are not expected to be in sorrow like those who don't know the Lord because we have the joy that they don't have. The only time some believers will know a measure of happiness is when a good thing happens to them - say they buy a car, receive a promotion, or have a financial breakthrough. But our joy is not dependent on these fading earthly things. A believer who has no dime in his pocket should be like he owns the world and yes he does, as a joint heir with Jesus!

ACTION POINT
A popular anecdote says, I was complaining I had no shoes until I met a man who had no legs. If you have legs but no shoes, thank God for your legs

25 comments:

  1. The joy of the lord is my strength. Father, let your joy overflow my life at all times. Thank u Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I must say: Lord am really sorry for being an ingrate all along.Lord as I walk in d consciousness that ur presence is always with me, I dwell in an unending joy always. Tank u Jesus for being with me always, tank U for making me a partaker n a sharer of ur joy. Glory n honour be unto u IJN. Tank u Pst for ds word. More grace IJN

    ReplyDelete
  3. God I thank you for my legs. I thank you for your love. I praise you cos you will forever be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll praise you Lord forever more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God I wil serve U til my life everlasting,just give me more grace,more power and energise me more,I want to knw u more and love U more bcos ur so wonderful to me.I never see who is like God.I bow b4 U

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father lord I thank u 4 d breathe of life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lord, I lift up my voice n say thank u for the gift of life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will praise Jesus forever

    ReplyDelete
  9. What more can I say to this my God of love, mercy n grace. I bless ur Name my JOY n HOPE and ernestly pray that ur Joy will not depart from my life n home. Thank u my Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still have Joy after all I have been through,thank you Jesus for making me experience Joy Unspeakable

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord I praise your holy name cause u re God may me nd my generation never fall short of your glory in jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  12. The more you thank him the more you are blessed.in what ever situation we find ourselves let give thanks.I thank God for the gift of life that no one else in the universe can offer.thank you jesus

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lord am sorry ,forgive me for not praising our Onl NAME.Thanks for the gift of LIFE

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Lord for your love yesterday, today and tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank u Lord 4 ur love n mercy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What can I say unto you Lord, all I have to say is thank you Lord!!!!!! I refuse to be an ingrate to God, cos his servant Bishop David Oyedepo wud always say only great fools re Ungrateful, he wud also say, it is foolishness to be shameful of wat is gainful, So tell me, why won't I be grateful to God and sing his praise aloud joyfully. I Love you Lord!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lord I celebrate & praise You forever,my Agama Turu Gi MmaMma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lord for this message, isorry for being so selfish, for being joyful n you only when have positive outcomes, repent and ask for the grace that I can have immeasurable happiness in you. I'm Thankful Lord

      Delete
  18. Father, I thank Thee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Father, I thank yor for the gift of life and salvation

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll enta His gate wit tnksgivin in my Heart;I'll enta His court wt prais

    ReplyDelete
  21. Father, I thank Thee for the gift of life that you have given to me, my family and my friends. May your name be highly praise above all names. Please give us the strength to prase and serve you more and more.. AMEN..

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will praise u lord with every breath that I take.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank You Jesus for the gift for life for me and my family. Praise be Thy Holy Name.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews