Wednesday 20 November 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY- 20/11/2013 - DELIVERANCE BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


DELIVERANCE

MEMORY VERSE
He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.
Psalm 18:17

READ
Psalm 18:16-18

Psalm 18:16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.

Psalm 18:17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.

Psalm 18:18 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay.

MESSAGE
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
John 8:36

Within Christian circles, people often see deliverance only as casting out demons from someone. This is true for unbelievers but when you talk of believers in Christ, it is impossible for Jesus to be sharing His throne in the hearts of a believer with the devil. He is the light and in Him is no iota of darkness. John 1:5 says when light comes, it cannot be overpowered by darkness. It is my strong belief that when Christ come into the life of a sinner, at the point of salvation, His light shines in and repels all forms of darkness, except if the salvation is not genuine. However, looking at the example of King Saul, we know that it is possible for someone who used to be a born-again Christian to backslide and end up being possessed of demons. When the Spirit of God left Saul, an evil spirit took over him. That could happen because the spirit of God had stepped out.

For a believer what is deliverance? It is rescuing someone from the battle that he or she cannot win without being assisted. You need deliverance if you are fighting a battle that is beyond you in many respects. Psalm 18:17 says,

He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.

When enemies you can easily handle face you, God will fold His hands and ask you to deal with them while He watches. If a mountain stands in your way, He will ask you to command it to move. But when you are suddenly surrounded by enemies that are too strong for you, He will send deliverance. This was what happened when they threw Daniel into the den of hungry lions. God knew that battle was way beyond the physical ability of Daniel, so he sent His angel to rescue him from the lions. Are you fighting enemies that are stronger than you in power, wisdom, might? The Lord will arise on your behalf and bring you deliverance today. He will hit the enemy at his weakest point and deliver him into your hands.

PRAYER POINT

Father, in all the battles that are greater than me, deliver me today.

16 comments:

  1. Father lord in every areas of my life dat nids ur deliverance, father let thy will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, in all the battle that are greater than me, deliver me today in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father, In all the battles that are greater than me , deliver me today in Jesus name . Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father and my God every area of my life that deliverance Lord deliver me in jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a major deliverance in my life lord,so that when you crown my year with success it will be obvious. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father in d name of jesus, in all battles dat are greater than me lord deliver me 4rom it today in d name of jesus Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father in the name of jesus every battle that surounded,pls help me out and deliever me in jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father, deliver me in all the battles of life confronting me and give me victory today in the mighty name of Jesus,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord! Be my shield and strength and the battles that have drown me in the past let me prevail from henceforth by Your Power in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen, but there is a difference btw the new testament believer and that of the old, in the case of saul, saul was nt born again, so the spirit of God didn't dwell in him, he only rested on him. Concerning the battle we fight, the bible says that we shud fight the good fight of faith and nt to call God to come and fight the battle for us, jesus has alrdy defeated the devil, that's why the bible says we shud put on thw whole amour of God, the word of God is the sword of the spirit, we shud use the word, and put the word to work, luke 10:19. God bless u all

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father I need ur deleverance in every aspect of my life amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lord send your hand of deliverance unto me in the battle that am facing today

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lord deliver ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ from all the battle that is greater than ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥.IJN

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews