Thursday 14 November 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY - 14/11/2013 - AFRAID OF FACES? BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


AFRAID OF FACES?

MEMORY VERSE
Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
Jeremiah 1:8

READ
Exodus 32:1-5

Exodus 32:1 And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

Exodus 32:2 And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

Exodus 32:3 And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

Exodus 32:4 And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

Exodus 32:5 And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the Lord.

MESSAGE
Another Bible character who started well but missed it along the line was Aaron. He had a great start. In Exodus 4:13-16, he was chosen to be a divine spokesman. He happily served along with Moses his younger brother, following him virtually everywhere he went. According to Exodus 7:8-10, he was the agent through which most of the miracles where performed. God used the rod of Aaron, which means he was a miracle worker. He was also an enabler, one of the two who lifted up the hands of Moses. By virtue of his association with Moses, he was virtually accorded the same honour, regard and fear that was given to Moses by both friends and foes.

However, in Exodus 32:1-5, this same Aaron had become an idolater. When Moses went to the mountain and the children of Israel were getting tired of waiting for his return, they came to ask Aaron to manufacture an alternative god for them which would lead them, and he never said a word of protest. He agreed to their evil request immediately. An African proverb says: the one who is asked to do an evil act and he agrees has always wanted to be wicked himself.

But why did Aaron not resist, even faintly? It is either he was half baked or he was truly afraid of the people as he claimed. Proverbs 29:25 says,

The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Have you lost your voice because you are afraid of your congregation? Are you afraid that if you speak the whole truth, some key members may leave thereby reducing tithes and other benefits? If you are afraid of men, you will definitely find yourself in a trap. The fear of man can seriously harm you and your ministry. King Saul feared the people and he went ahead to offer a sacrifice he was not qualified for. That was how he lost his kingdom! When God called young Jeremiah, He told him not to look at faces because He will be with him. When will you stop looking at the faces of people? If men are the ones to tell you what to preach and what not to preach, you are already in their trap!

KEY POINT

It is either you are controlled by men or by God but not both. Who truly is your God?

19 comments:

  1. The Almighty God d father, God d son and God d only spirit is my God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Almighty God d father, God d son and God d holy spirit is my God

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful message,I will be controlled by God

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father, put-off every fear of faces n save me from evil. In Jesus name! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank God for God as he is the only God I will follow till eternity

      Delete
  5. The God Almighty. Pray for me. Am sick and tied of the sickness. I believe in your Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray that you receive you Divine healing now because by Jesus' stripes you healed. Jehovah Rapha has perfected your healing. Just believe and you shall testify in Jesus name. Shalom!

      Delete
  6. Thank you Lord for today's message, Father don't let me missed it along the line,help me control every of my activities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord Jesus, control me

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Me and my family will serve d living God. Amen!! Lord Jesus tank u for ur word of inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father God! Come n take control in my life, family, studies..............AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once fell in the trap of men altogether which dragged me away from God's presence.It's really bad to follow men's opinion at the expense of one's relationship with God,it ruins and the people you that misled you will also be the first to castigate you.thank God for what we have in the book of ezekiel 36, God save me back for the glory of his name and I've learnt that one lesson. So be wise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father put away every fear of men in my life,and let me fear u till the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank yoU lord for this beautifu message.I'm really touched.d God of d heaven is my God and he will always be.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where ever He leads I will go

    ReplyDelete
  14. Men are not to be feared but honoured and respected. Even this is not at the expense of God.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I refuse to please may to displease my God. I will not be moved by what people say only b move by the word which is spoken by God

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaron saved his life.... the voice of the people are too many on him, so what He can do? They people could kill him and his family and yet they will still make the Golden calf... •̸№ one cant fight for GOD! The people had made their choices... So He let them be!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I fear no man http://www.toridey.com
    http://www.facebook.com/torideydotcom

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews