Friday 6 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - FRIDAY - 6/12/2013 - CONDESCEND! BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


CONDESCEND!

MEMORY VERSE
Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
 Romans 12:16

READ
Isaiah 66:1-2

Isaiah 66:1 Thus saith the  Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

Isaiah 66:2 For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

MESSAGE
After seeing their plight, hearing their cries and feeling their pains, God came down to rescue the Israelites from Egypt. Our God is a mobile God. He comes down to deliver His own. As high as God is and even though He has His throne in Heaven, yet He condescends to meet the needs of His children on earth (Isaiah 66:1). Looking at Psalm 50:10-12 and Revelation 3:20, we see the God who owns the cattle on a thousand hill and who Heaven cannot contain wanting to dine in your house. Whenever you want to eat, after thanking God for the provision, sanctify it and invite Him to join you. You can be sure nobody can poison the food God is eating from. God can come down to any level. Philippians 2:5-8 says even though Jesus Christ is God, yet He became a man and served as a servant. One day, I was shocked when God told me that even though He is the Almighty God, He has been doing the work of a servant for His children. He said when we say: 'Father, give me this or that', we are actually sending Him on an errand, and He delivers. If God can condescend to any level just to serve His children, what level is too low for you to get to in serving those under you?

Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
 Romans 12:16

God lives by example. Before He tells you to humble yourself and serve others, He has done it time and again. Some leaders consider themselves too high to be reached. If you are 'high' and you stay up there, you will be unable to reach out to those who are low. Most of the people you are expected to reach out to are somewhere down - they know less about God or His ways, probably have never been ordained, have little or no means of livelihood, have little or no education, etc. The ability to condescend to their level is a plus which makes you like God. That is humility. Put aside your differences and reach out to them today following the example of our Lord Jesus Christ.

ACTION POINT

Prayerfully, reach out to 10 people below your status and show them the love of God

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord i need more grace condecend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father help me to do this . I am willing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lay down my will 4 ur will 2 be done in my life,just av ur way !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Father Lord I need ur grace in every corners of my life in Jesus name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRAYER POINTS FOR TODAY:
    1. Thank You Father, For The Dawn Of Another Day, Thank You For Your Power That Kept Us All The Night As We Sleep! Thank You For Your Gentle Hand Of Love That Woke Us Up This Morning! Father, I Declare This Is The Day That You Have Made, I Will Rejoice And Be Glad In It! I Will Rise Up And Praise Your Name! Accept My Thanks In The Name Of Jesus!

    2. Father, Today I Declare, I Will Trust You For Everything I Have To Do! I Will Not Lean On My Own Understanding! In All My Way I Will Acknowledge You and I Am Sure You Will Direct My Path! I will Live In Harmony With My Fellow Brethren! I Will not Be haughty, Snobbish, High Minded or Exclusive Towards Them! I Will Readily Adjust Myself To Be of Help To The Needy! I Will Not Overestimate Myself Nor Be Wise In My Own Eyes! To Do These I Will Need Your Help And Guidance Lord!

    3. Father, I Can Feel Loved And Highly Favoured By You! You Are Such A Very Big God! So Big That The Whole Heaven Is Just Your Throne and The Whole Earth Your Footstool! Yet You Are Always With Me Living Your Life Inside Me! O What A Privilege! I Will Always Be Where You Were, Dwelling In Your Presence Forever! I will Carry Your Presence Everywhere! Father You Will Never Leave Me Alone Or To Be By Myself Alone! Knowing This, I Will Always Be At The Right Place At The Right Time Doing The Right Thing Lord!

    4. Father in Humble Submission To Your Will Lord I Will Go All Over The World Preaching and Making Disciples For You In All The Nation! Baptising Them In The Name Of The Father and of The Son and of The Holy Spirit! Teaching and Admonishing Them In Your Word! I Know and I am Sure of Your Presence Following Me Everywhere With Accompany Signs And Wonders! In Your Name I Will Drive out Demons! I Will Speak With New Tongues! I Shall Tread On Snakes And Scorpions Unhurt! No Power of The Enemy Will Be Able To Harm Me! Because You Are Always Present At Every Meal I Take, Nobody or Power Is Able To Poison Our Food! Thank You Father, For These Blessed Assurance, I Will Always Serve and Obey You Lord!

    5. Father, My cry Today Is That I May Know You More! That I may Progressively Become More Deeply and Intimately Acquainted With You! That I May Experience and Know The Power Of Your Resurrection! That I May In Humility Share Your Sufferings Counting It A Rare Privilege To Suffer For You! That I May Be Given The Grace For A Higher Level Of Obedience! That When You Say It I Will Believe You And I Will Be Quick And prompt To Obey You! I Will be Radical and Extreme In My Obedience To Your Word! I Will Humble Myself Willingly and Be Ready To Give A Helping Hand To The weak and The Feeble! Father Help and Give My The Grace To Obey You!

    6. Father, As We Count Down To Christmas! Father Lead Me To Hungry And Thirsty Souls For Your Word! As We Look Forward To Our Christmas Present From You, Father Let Us Not Approach You Empty handed! Let Us Welcome You and Greet You With Many Souls Won For You! Father, Let Us Enjoy The Overflow Of Your Anointing During The Holy Ghost Congress and Let It Overflow To Christmas and Beyond! Father, Empower Your Ministers To See The Demonstration of Your Power Packed Miracles This Last Month Of The Year Of Signs And Wonders Than We Have Ever Seen All The Year!

    7. Father, We Thank You For Your Blessed Assurance That We Will End This Year Gloriously With Joy And Rejoicing! Thank You For The Abundant Grace to Cross Over Successfully Without Any Carry Over! Thank You For The Glorious Assurance that We Shall Enter The New Year With Fullness of Joy and Rejoicing, Dancing and Praising Your Blessed Holy Names! It Shall Be Well With Us and Our Household In The Name Of Jesus! (Amen}!
    Let Me Hear Somebody Shout A Very resounding Hallelujah!
    EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord, please let your grace be sufficient for me...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father lord., I need ur grace upon my family, n hv ur way in our life amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Lord for everything father I ask for grace to show love and be able to reach out to do below in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord in heaven fill me with your words,give me your divine direction αnd may I walk in your wisdom AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord I need more of your grace to show love to my fellow,in jesue name(Amen)...

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews