Tuesday 10 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 10/12/2013 - VICTIM OF COMFORT? BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


VICTIM OF COMFORT?

MEMORY VERSE
For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.
2 TIMOTHY 4:10

READ
2 Timothy 4:8-10

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

2 Timothy 4:9 Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me:

2 Timothy 4:10 For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

MESSAGE
Just as your attention can be arrested by certain things while undergoing a physical journey, so also can your attention be diverted while running the race to Heaven. One of such things that can divert heaven-bound citizens is prosperity. Prosperity can give you a lot of comfort which can affect your focus, reduce your consecration and play down your personal relationship with God. Prosperity can truncate one's journey to heaven if unchecked. One victim of this was Demas. 2 Timothy 4:10 says,

For Demas hath forsaken me, having loved this present world, and is departed unto Thessalonica; Crescens to Galatia, Titus unto Dalmatia.

While other co-labours of Paul were travelling to different cities of the world for the work of the Gospel, Demas a co-labourer of Paul, fell in love with the world to such an extent that he went back to Thessalonica having been taken captive by worldly pleasures and amusements. Is your prosperity gradually pushing you off the heavenly track? Control it now before it destroys your soul completely!

Many years ago, when all some of us had were two shirts, two trousers and one pair of shoes, we prayed, loved the Lord and served Him with all our hearts and strength. But today, it is a different ball game. For many who have now been blessed materially, it has become a herculean task to give even a quarter of our time and strength to God. Some find it extremely difficult to make sacrifices for God: everything now operates on how convenient it is. I remember when I called church members to join in a 100-day fast, those from low-income areas in Lagos such as Ajegunle, Mushin, etc., immediately received the announcement with joy, while on that same day when I went to make the same announcement in the high brow areas of Lagos  Ikoyi and Victoria Island, they were not happy to receive it, but thank God they joined. Is the comfort of your bed, store house and bank account now negatively affecting your fire? Watch it and adjust now before you become its victim.

ACTION POINT

Ask God to take you to the level where nothing would ever affect your love for Him

15 comments:

  1. Heavely Father, you are the I that I am, please take me to a place where nothing(comfort) would stop me from following you, but grant me my wish desires via christ our lord, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father. Take me to the level where nothing will affect me love for you. IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavenly Father, I bless You today. Dear Lord God anything You give to me and in any blessing I possess, help me Oh Lord not to be too comfortable and forget to serve you ♍Ɣ Lord, so help me Lord, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father lord God , whatever position u put me, don't let me deviate from u, give me d abundant grace to follow to d end cos I know that grace is enough for me

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father! My father I thank you for the word lord, I blessed your holy name I need your grace lord to follow you to the end of time that nothing will take your place in my heaart no matter the tribulation, wants of life, I pray in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord, Let me have the experience of ur blessed hand that nothing distracts me from ur presence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord I thank for word today. Give me d grace to follow u to the end, don't let me deviate from ur path. Almighty God, my heart desire, baba grant unto me, Oluwa maje ki damu. IJN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you father for your words today, my God I ask that you take me to the level where nothing will affect your love for me in Jesus Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father take me to that level that I will always be in your presence. let me never get to that level, that I will forget you in Jesus Name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father I pray today,take me to the level where notin ll take your place n your love in my heart no mattr the circumstances in jesus name...Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. father take me to that level where nothing would ever affect my love for you......Amen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord take me to that level where nothing would ever affect my love for you In Jesus Name Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Father in Heaven,take me to level where nothing in this world will stop me from loving and doing your Will INJ(Amen)

    ReplyDelete
  14. DAY TWO: THE OVERFLOW!
    Prayer Points:
    1. Praise Him with all your heart
    2. Father, Whatever need repairs in my body please repair it right now!
    3. Father, Whatever cannot be repaired in my body please replace it today!
    4. Father, Baptise me massively with Your Holy Ghost and with Your Fire so that I will never know anything called sickness or disease again!
    5. Father, From Tonight Let Your Healing virtues flow through me
    6. Pray for your friends and relatives asking God to touch them and heal them! Pray for them individually by name!
    7. Add your own personal requests!
    EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lord I thank for word today. Give me d grace to follow u to the end, don't let me deviate from ur path. Almighty God, my heart desire, baba grant unto me www.mycitynews.com.ng

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews