Monday 16 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - MONDAY - 16/12/2013 - THE ETERNAL BOOK BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

THE ETERNAL BOOK

MEMORY VERSE
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Revelation 20:15

READ
Revelation 20:11-15

Revelation 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

MESSAGE
One outstanding need that divine midwives must satisfy is to have their names written in the Book of Life. This is the most important book in the universe. Given modern trends and need for details, most institutions have various books in which records are kept and can be retrieved in years to come. Every organisation has a staff register while clubs have membership registers. Most countries of the world have issued out social security numbers or national identity numbers in which certain details of their citizens are held. Apart from these, there are organisations that document great achievements within a section of the world or across the whole world. Some of such documentations are referred to as book of records. Many people strive for their names to enter a particular book of records, and when this is done they appear fulfilled as they have nothing else to strive for.

Of all books of records, there is one that is most outstanding. It is about human beings but it is not on earth. It documents the names and certain details about everyone who is saved and washed by the blood of Jesus. Since it is not accessible on earth, it cannot be influenced or manipulated. Human beings record only the information that is accessible to them such as the number of births, deaths, marriages, etc., but in the case of the Book of Life, no record escapes the angels in charge of this book. For now, this book may appear not so important to many, but according to today's reading, after death and on the day of the Great White Throne Judgment, that book will be very relevant. If your name is in all the important books and halls of fame on earth, by the time you die, those books will no longer be relevant. Your fate will be decided by the presence or absence of your name in the Book of Life. So if there is one book your name should be written in, it is the Lamb's Book of Life. How? By confessing your sins, asking for forgiveness and accepting Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour.

KEY POINT

If you are alive, you must do everything possible for your name to enter the Book of life, if not, after death, you will be sent to hell

15 comments:

  1. Dear Lord, help me to reign with you in d last days in eternity. Take out of my life those things that will hinder my name from appearing in the book of Life in Jesus' name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father take out of my life those things that will hinder my name from appearing in the book of life in Jesus name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father help my eternity.l want to reign with you, father help me in jesus mighty name l pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord help me,cleanse n mak me whole again,i surrender all to u now,ijn Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord Father firstly forgive me for hv sinned help cleanse with ur blood Ijn, hinder me from doing it right till etertnity for I'll be registerd in d book of life.bless be thy name.ijn

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book of life is real. Oh God, pls help me to live a life that will sustain my name in the book of life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lord I surrender my lyf 2 u pls help me 2 be without spot,nd let my name be in d book of life.IJN AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord Jesus teach me to do everytin possible for my name to b in d book of life! I want to reign with u now n 4ever. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  9. LORD HELP ME REIGN WITH YOU IN RIGHTEOUSNESS AMEN. THANKS FOR THE SHARE. CHECK OUT FOR THE LIKE OF THIS GREAT ARTICLE www.kingdom-dynamics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord JESUS,I THANK U 4D TIMELY WARNINGS FROM UR WORD,I ABSOLUTELY SURRENDER MY LIFE TO U 2DAY,REVEAL OTHER ASPECT OF MY LIFE DAT MAY HINDER MY NAME FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE DAT I MAY CORRECT DEM NOW DAT AM ALIVE,HELP ME LORD 2 DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE FOR MY NAME TO APPEAR IN D BOOK OF LIFE IN JESUS CHRIST NAME I PRAY! AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father thank you for your word through your son daddy G.O,please help me and my family to make to heaven in Jesus name amen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father, I need your grace for the journey. Help me to walk referencing you all the days of my life IJN. Write my name in the book of life IJN amen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Father do all it will tke to tke me to heaven wit u.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Lord for your word, father I surrender my soul to you,I knw i am a sinner,I am not perfect in any way but ur mercy keeps me going,on d last day Lord count me Lord among the choosen one. In jesus name I pray....Amen...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have mercy oh lord, for l am a sinner.write my name in d book of life through jesus christ my saviour. Amen

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews