Saturday 28 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - SATURDAY - 28/12/2013 - BROKENNESS BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

BROKENNESS

MEMORY VERSE
I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
Psalm 38:8

READ
2 Corinthians 5:18-21

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

MESSAGE
In your relationship with God, one place you need to get to is the place of brokenness. To be broken is to have some form of injury that makes the object less than a whole. In spiritual parlance, it is to break or subdue the flesh in order to be more profitable to the Kingdom of God. Why do you need to be broken? You need to be broken in order to put the flesh where it belongs. Until you get to the point of brokenness, your life will operate in the body, soul spirit order of priority, which means that the body will be in control of the spirit. In 1 Corinthians 9:27, Paul says,

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

If you fail to subdue your body, it will disgrace you when you least expect.

Another reason for brokenness is that it helps you to lose grounds which God will occupy. That is, it creates room for God. The more broken you are, the greater the space the Spirit can fill up within you. Brokenness also helps us to be true ambassadors of Christ  making us to represent Him as we should. 2 Corinthians 5:20 says,

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Without being broken, most believers would put off others who were about to enter the Kingdom. Take for instance, the fellow who is insulted by an unbeliever and retaliates. How could such a believer ever hope to win that soul to Christ? If you are not broken, it may be difficult to see the fruit of the Spirit manifesting in you. Are you broken? To what extent are you allowing the flesh? What measures have you put in place to subdue the flesh? From today, ask God to break you, and fill you with His fullness.

KEY POINT

If God breaks you, He will mould you to fit into His mould, but if you are not broken, you will maintain your old mould

9 comments:

  1. Father I am the clay u are the sculpture please mould me to ur taste. Father please break me to occupy more of me IJMN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father I thank you for your word,break me oh lord today and fill me with your fullness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord,I fnk u for todayz word nd hw its gon affect me positively...break me o'lord nd fill me wid ur love nd abundant grace to do ur will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. break me,mould me nd fill me o lord,so dat i cn b fit 4 u IJn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Break me Lord, mould me to fit your purpose. Lord I need you more than ever before. I thank you for your word and for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Father break and remould me into what you want me to be

    ReplyDelete
  7. PRAYER POINTS FOR TODAY: A DAY OF DIVINE BROKENESS FATHER FILL ME UP!
    Worship:
    FILL MY CUP LORD
    1. Like the woman at the well, I was seeking
    For things that could not satisfy.
    And then I heard my Savior speaking—
    “Draw from My well that never shall run dry.”

    Chorus:
    Fill my cup, Lord;
    I lift it up Lord;
    Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.
    Bread of Heaven, feed me till I want no more.
    Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole.

    2. There are millions in this world who are seeking
    For pleasures earthly goods afford.
    But none can match the wondrous treasure
    That I find in Jesus Christ my Lord.
    Chorus:

    3. So my brother if the things that this world gives you
    Leave hungers that won’t pass away,
    My blessed Lord will come and save you
    If you kneel to Him and humbly pray—
    Chorus

    PRAYER POINTS:
    1. Father, Thank You For Your Power, That Kept Me Every Night and Your Power That wakes me Up Every Morning! New Every Day Is Your Love to me! Accept my Thanksgiving in The Name of Jesus.

    2. Father, Today I Surrender myself to You totally, Commpletel, Body, Soul and Spirit! Break me, Mould me, Fill me up according to Your Will! Make me the best I can be for You!

    3. Father, As Your Ambassador giving The Mandate of Going to the whole World to spread The Gospel of Reconciliation! Father make me The Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus! After preaching to others, Father, Let me not be a cast away!

    4. Father, Today, I Thank You for The completed work of Grace by Jesus on The Cross At Calvary! Thank You! For there You made Jesus to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him! He was broken so that I can be healed and made whole! Though, He was rich, He became poor so that in His poverty I can become rich! Father, I can never Thank You enough!

    5. Father, From today, I ask You God break me, and fill me up with Your fullness! Let my life be totally consumed by Your Power and Your Spirit Lord!

    6. Father, The Year might be running to an end but Your Love and Grace and Favour over me is renewed every day! Father before This Year runs out Let me win more souls for You! Lead my to sinners who are thirsty and hungry for Your Word to be reconciled to You!

    7. Father, Thank You For The Gift of Jesus that came on Christmas Day! Thank You for we are going to end This Year with Joy and Rejoicing! Thank You because we shall cross over into The New Year Successfully without any bad baggage to carry over! In The New Year of Overflow! Your Blessing for us Will overflow! Our Love and Service For You will overflow! Our Joy will overflow! In The Name of Jesus!
    Let Somebody Shout A Resounding Hallelujah!
    EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father break me, Occupy every area of my life. Let me always please you alone. Thank you Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take me and mould me oh God, fill me with your fullnes, the name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews