Thursday 5 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY - 5/12/2013 - UNCOVERING EVIL BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


UNCOVERING EVIL

MEMORY VERSE
For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
Acts 8:23

READ
Acts 5:1-11

But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him.

And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much.

Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

MESSAGE
The presence of the supernatural power of God in a church can take that church beyond limits. It can also uproot the presence of evil in the midst of God's children. In Acts 5, a couple were uprooted through this. If we are going to sanitise the church, we need the Holy Spirit. Just as we need Him to heal, save and deliver, so also do we need Him to kill. Sometime ago, a man from Cameroon who claimed to be a missionary came visiting our churches. One day, the Lord told me he was a spy and not a missionary. When he later came to me to say they were planning to do certain things, I reminded him of how the couple in Acts 5 had lied to Peter and were buried the same day. I told him he was busy lying to me, eating my food and receiving my hospitality. I gave him an opportunity to either apologise or die. He was covered in sweat. I just wanted him to say sorry because I did not want to be involved in his burial. But a week later, his evil caught up with him.

We need the supernatural to demonstrate to people that our God is who He says He is. Many people do not believe our testimonies because they think they are arranged. But when they see the raw power of God, you will not beg them to surrender to Jesus. A man came to the Holy Ghost service one day. His son had been telling him to yield to God but he refused, saying that he was stronger than his son's pastor. On this particular day, he decided to pay a surprise visit to the camp without informing his son. As soon as he came in, the Lord told me that there was a man coming for the first time who came late because he was feeding his snake. And that before he gets home his snake will be dead, and that if he loves himself, he should surrender to the Lord or else he will die after his snake. The man ran out and surrendered to Christ, and today, he is a committed member of our church. Is the supernatural in operation in your life? If it is not, cry out to God today!

ACTION POINT

Ask that in the body of Christ worldwide, the supernatural will become common place and through this, God will expose satanic agents.

9 comments:

  1. This is the express word of God!!! Lord, open our eyes of understanding to the works n moves of the Holy Spirit, mighty to reveal the evil works of satan IJMN

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a child of God I receive power to operate in the supernatural 4rm 2dy IJN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord, let ur supernatural take ova ur church & my life to expose every satanic plans In Jesus Name Amen .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lord let ur supernatural power begin to operate in our lives and churches IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord let ur supernatural take our my life and your church in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O Lord we need your power as of old in our lives and our Churches IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God have mercy upon me. Let ur love share upon me. I receıve grace to walk,talk,see,play,pray etc ın ur supernatural. Be wıth me oh lord.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PRAYER POINTS FOR TODAY: THE AWESOME POWERFUL PRESENCE OF GOD!
    1. Father, I Thank You For The Dawn Of A New Day Today! I Thank You For Your Awesome Presence and Power That Kept Me All The Night From The Terror Of wickedness While I Slept! Thank You Father For Your Hand Of Love that Gently Woke Me Up This Morning From My Sleep! Thank You For The Blessed Assurance Of Your Presence That I will Not Be Afraid Of The Arrows, The Evil Plots And Slander Of The Wicked That Flies By Day! Father Accept My Thanks In The Name of Jesus!
    2. Father, Today In Humble Humility I Confess My Whole Life Is An Open Book Before You! You Know Every Bit Of My Life and Being! With You There Is No Hiding Place! You Know me from My Mother's Womb! You Know Me Inside Out! I can Hide my Sin So That Men May Not Know But With You My All Knowing God I Dare Not! Today Father, I Plead The Precious Blood Of Jesus Christ Your Son Upon All My Sin and Iniquities To Cleanse Me from All of them! Father, Remember Them No More! Hide Your Face from My Sins And Blot Out All My Guilt and Iniquities!Father My Heart felt cry To You Today is: "Create in Me A Clean heart O God, and Renew A Right Persevering and Steadfast Spirit within me! Cast me Not away From Your Presence and Take Not Your Holy spirit away From Me! Restore to Me, The Joy of Your Salvation And Uphold Me With A Willing spirit!"
    3. Father, Today I Promise I will Not Tempt God! I promise With Your Presence and Power Bestowed On Me I Will Not Grieve God The Holy Spirit! All My Deeds, Conducts and Actions Shall be To Honour You Lord! I will Not Love The World and All that is in The World! I will Not Love The Lust of The Eyes, The Lust of The Flesh And The Pride Of Life! I will Not Love Anything More Than You Lord! Today I Will Be At The Right Place At The Right Time Doing The Right Thing! Father, I will live to Honour Your Presence wherever I am Today!
    4. Father, Let Your Power and Your Presence Exposé and Uproot any Root Of Evil And evil Presence in Our Homes! In our Nation! In Our Midst and in Your Church! Father, Let No Plant That You Have Not Planted in Our Midst Germinate, bud of flower in The Name of Jesus! Father, set Us Completely Free From Their Stronghold!
    5. Father, I will end The year With Joy! I Will Cross Over Successfully! I Will Enter The New year With Joy And Rejoicing! It Shall Be Well With ME AND My Household And The Church Of God Body Soul And Spirit In The Name Of Jesus!
    EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christopher Ogbebor5 December 2013 at 08:30

    Lord grant us grace to live a holy life, help us to put the old man away..save us from hell n xpose it evil... Grant us heaven at last

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews