Tuesday 24 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 24/12/2013 - LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

LOOK UP TO JESUS ONLY

MEMORY VERSE
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
Luke 9:23

READ
Luke 9:23-26

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Luke 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Luke 9:25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

Luke 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

MESSAGE
Besides prosperity and comfort, another thing that can divert your attention while running the race is resting before you reach your goal. Your goal is Heaven and on earth we have no resting place. The wise men of Matthew 2:1-16 kept on travelling for a period of two years following the star. A period of resting would have been appealing to them, but because they had to reach their goal, and the star they were following was still moving, they kept on going for that whole period. If they had called for a rest, they would have missed their trail. Why are you declaring a rest when you have not reached you goal? Calling for rest before its time will always lead the fellow into trouble. When David was jumping from cave to cave, he did not commit adultery. But in 2 Samuel 11:1, he was resting when he should be at war, so Satan gave him another assignment which he did very well and lived to regret. That short period of rest led him into certain sins that brought the sword upon his generations.

Moreover, another diversion from the race is taking your eyes off the star. When the wise men entered Herod's palace, they could no more see the star. All they were seeing was the glittering glory of an earthly king, while they were supposed to be on their way to the King of kings. When you take off your eyes from the Lord and place it on someone else or something else, you have diverted. When we were young Christians, we learnt not to look unto our leaders but Christ because human beings can disappoint you. I have been severally disappointed by people I looked up to, those I thought were better than me. I got the greatest disappointment from the fellow who brought me to Christ. Never look up to your pastor, minister, general overseer, etc. They can disappoint you any day. Look up to Jesus. Many pastors are living in sin on a regular basis today. If you put your hope on them, you may get the greatest shock of your life. Look up to Jesus and He will never fail you. Follow Him always!.

KEY POINT
Jesus is the perfect mould - the ultimate Mentor. If your leader is a bad example, pray for him but look up to Jesus. He is God's standard

13 comments:

  1. I look up to Christ death,burial,nd resurrection ,blive daT he dead. For. My sins nd all my problems re over.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look up to Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus I thank you for ur word n I look unto you cos u re d biginning n d end of my faith,i look unto u Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no one to look up to, except Jesus. He's my saviour & comforter.
    He would bless me in no distance time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grace that will make me to keep looking unto YOU and YOU alone in trial and temptation, and strength to keep going till the end when I get the price of the race pls give it unto me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look up to jesus,the authur and finisher of my faith.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The truth is, I have been looking unto people haaaa God I thank you 4 ur word

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Look unto Jesus, I look 2 u

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank u lord for ur word,God I look up onto u.give mi grace not to look up to people.let ur trust dwell in me IJN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Jesus how I love calling your name!I look up to u Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Father Lord, I need you to be my eyes, my ear, my thought so that I can only be looking unto you in the journey salvation and help me lord because I can not do it alone.

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews