Wednesday 4 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - WEDNESDAY - 412/2013 - ENLIST A STRONGER ALLY BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE


ENLIST A STRONGER ALLY

MEMORY VERSE
But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.
Luke 11:22

READ
Luke 11:21-22

Luke 11:21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Luke 11:22 But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

MESSAGE
It's amazing that some people who need deliverance do not realise their need; rather they look for others to deliver while they remain in their bondages. In any way you need deliverance, it shall be given to you this season. If God has made several promises to you, and at the time they should be fulfilled none of them is coming to pass, you need deliverance. When it appears you have a very bleak future and you have no vision or direction for the next two or more years, you surely need deliverance. If there is sorrow all around you or you are always quarrelling at home with your spouse and cannot even tell the cause, you need deliverance.

Moreover, who can deliver? When your ally is weaker or less fortified than your enemy, both you and the one you have invited to help you fight will end up as preys to the enemy. The one you should therefore invite to help you defeat an enemy stronger than you must be stronger than the enemy. In a battle between two strong people, it takes the stronger fellow to defeat his opponent, strip him of his weapons and take over his spoils according to Luke 11:21-22. If an individual wants to conduct deliverance for you, make sure he or she has the backing of the Almighty God. Today, we have several deliverance ministers who are self-sent and therefore have no divine approval. There are some deliverance ministers that will ask you to pay before you can see them. Both you and the fellow will be in trouble if God is not with him like He was with Jesus (Acts 10:38). Also, the fellow to conduct the deliverance must be under authority or else you may return home with more problems than you went with. In Luke 7:6-8, the centurion who went to the Lord for help was under authority and Jesus Himself was under the authority of the Father. When the sons of Sceva attempted to deliver somebody, they were wounded, disgraced and had to take to their heels. Meanwhile the situation of the fellow they were trying to deliver remained the same. Enlist the right ally when fighting a stronger enemy.

PRAYER POINT

Father, in all my life's battles, never leave me alone. Fight for me

17 comments:

  1. Father, in all my Life's battles, never Leave me alone. Fight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please include bible in a year plan as part of the devotion. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavenly father, in all my life never leave please fight for me in all area of my life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father fight for me. Deliver me from all the battles of my life. Make me triumph in all my ways (Amen).

    ReplyDelete
  5. O Lord, you are the captain of my battle, please fight for me and give me a lasting victory In Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In all my battles, Father, never leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God help me win allmy battles and lifted my family up. Thank you God

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear God, in all my life's battles, Never leave me alone. Fight for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. The LORD will surely fight for me and I shall hold my peace. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father do not leave me or forsake me.I look unto u Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  11. Father in all my ways fight my my battle and cause your face to shine on me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Father in all my life battles; Never leave me alone fight 4 me lord in Jesus name Amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Father in all my life battles; never leave me alone father fight 4 me in d mighty name of Jesus Amen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lord Jesus u re my battle Defender, fight for me in all my life battles, father do not leAve me alone in any battles of my life

    ReplyDelete
  15. D Lord will fight for me and I'll hold my peace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Father I pray as I come to you with total meekness that you fight all my life battle and that of my entire family for us in Jesus name. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you Lord for being my Strong Ally . In all my life's battles, do not leave me alone in Jesus Name amen .

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews