Sunday 29 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - SUNDAY - 29/12/2013 - SEEK WHAT SATISFIES! BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

SEEK WHAT SATISFIES!

MEMORY VERSE
The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.
Ecclesiastes 5:12

READ
Ecclesiastes 5:9-12

Ecclesiastes 5:9 Moreover the profit of the earth is for all: the king himself is served by the field.

Ecclesiastes 5:10 He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.

Ecclesiastes 5:11 When goods increase, they are increased that eat them: and what good is there to the owners thereof, saving the beholding of them with their eyes?

Ecclesiastes 5:12 The sleep of a labouring man is sweet, whether he eat little or much: but the abundance of the rich will not suffer him to sleep.

MESSAGE 
And of the children of Issachar, which were men that had understanding of the times, to know what Israel ought to do; the heads of them were two hundred; and all their brethren were at their commandment.
1 Chronicles 12:32

An understanding of the times you live in will definitely guide you on what to do, when it should be done, what is important and what is not important. May God give you an understanding of the times we live!

What time is it now? Hosea 10:12 says,

Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.

It is time to seek the Lord. Many people have sought prosperity all their lives only to discover at the end that it does not satisfy. Ecclesiastes 5:10-11 says if you love silver, no matter how much of it you acquire, you will never be satisfied. If you are a billionaire, you cannot take more than a regular meal at a time; you will sleep in one room even if your mansion has 100 rooms; you cannot wear more than one dress or pair of shoes at a time, even if you have a room full of them. In fact Ecclesiastes 5:12 says too much wealth may rob the rich of his sleep. When you get to a certain level of wealth, it becomes a burden. I have visited some very rich people and I felt sorry for them because of the pain they go through in choosing what to take at meal time, what to wear, etc. Do you know that wealth is transient, it is available today but can vanish tomorrow (Proverbs 23:4-5)? Moreover, many have sought for power, fame and position only to find that they do not satisfy. If you are the president today, tomorrow you will be ex-president. While in school, I desired to have several degrees only to later discover that they do not satisfy. Colossians 3:1-2 says you should stop making material things your focus. What are you seeking? It is time to seek after God. He is the One who truly satisfies.

KEY POINT

Seeking and finding God should be your major goal in life. When this is done, He will help you to set and achieve all your minor goals.

9 comments:

  1. All I need Lord is you,with you oh Lord am satisfy. Thank you father for today's message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father mke me prosperios, dat I will nt curse you, give me the wealth that will not take me away 4rm you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Father i thank you for this wonderful message. I prayed for the blessings of the Lord that would give me peace and not to add sorrow unto me in Jesus name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father,pls give me d grace to seek You first so dat every other thing shall be added unto me IJN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you glorious Father for opening my eyes to see the clear truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u JESUS bcos I will start seeking U

    ReplyDelete
  7. My ever faithful God Let your Grace and mercy keep speaking for me in all endeavours,so I can always seek you first in all I do.I love u Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unto thee oh Lord! Do I lift up my heart... Let me always find a refuge in You, daikt let me seek You more...

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews