Thursday 12 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - THURSDAY - 12/12/2013 - WAIT ON THE SPIRIT BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

WAIT ON THE SPIRIT

MEMORY VERSE

I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:
1 Corinthians 14:18

READ
Luke 24:48-49

Luke 24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

Luke 24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

MESSAGE
In Judges 15:14-15, when Samson was brought to his enemies bound, the Holy Spirit came mightily upon him and he began to level them one after the other. But you may want to ask: What were the others looking at while their colleagues were being killed? It happened this way because when the supernatural of God is in action, the enemies will first be paralysed. This season, the Lord will paralyse all your enemies and they will begin to grope in darkness, and they will become easy preys for your sword in Jesus name.

However, just as the positive supernatural is linked with the Holy Spirit, so also is the negative supernatural linked with the devil and his demons. In Acts 1:8 and Luke 24:48-49, the Lord told the disciples not to go out to preach until they receive the power of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 19:11-12, God performed special miracles by the hand of Paul. You may wonder what facilitated this. To answer that, you may want to look at what he did more than other brethren. Based on his testimony in 1 Corinthians 14:18, the manifestation of the supernatural in a special way in his life must have been facilitated by the fact that he spent more time praying in the Holy Spirit than all other brethren. This simply tells us that the way you relate with the Holy Spirit in your closet will determine the outward or public results that will accompany you. If you invest time worshipping and praising Him, speaking in the language He freely gave to you and you live holy before Him, you will never be far from the miraculous. The Holy Spirit is the Chairperson of the Body of Christ while Jesus is still the owner. If you want to be relevant, you must link up with the Spirit of Truth. Do you monitor your relationship with Him? Do you hear the voice of the Spirit? When you do, do you obey promptly? Are there certain errands He sent you that you are yet to carry out? He is a very gentle Spirit. He must not be grieved often, yet He is equally as patient as the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ contrary to what some people teach. However, He should not be taken for granted. How much of your time do you devote to developing your relationship with the Holy Spirit?

ACTION POINT

Pray in the Spirit for 1-2 hours today, and do so more often daily. Write down what you saw, heard or experienced for the next three weeks.

11 comments:

  1. Holy Spirit my sweet companion. Please help me better in my relationship with you. Without You I can do nothing. Fill me afresh with your power and presence. I need you more than ever.Hallelujah.In Jesus' name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, fill me with your Holy spirit, and help me to grow in it daily. Thank you Father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord Jesus fill me wit your holy spirit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Lord for the privilege to wait on ♈ōϋя̲̅ Spirit for directions, take Glory Oh Lord of Host

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Spirit God teach me word every seconds, minutes n hours of the day Amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lord for your word, I need you holy spirit to fill me again give me new tongue I pray in Jesus Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lead me into all truths, Spirit divine, fall fresh on me sweet Spirit of God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Holy Spirit, my Senior Partner.
    Help me and always walk with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been so difficult oh Lord, have mercy on me God 2 pls do ur will $ act in accordance with ur commandment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord Jesus, help me to be more closer to you. Nd let holy sprit guide me nd fill my heart IJN. Thank u holy spirit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lord I need more of you,help grow more spiritually in your word...

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews