Tuesday 31 December 2013

OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL - TUESDAY - 31/12/2013 - WORKING OUT AN ALTERNATIVE? BY PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE

WORKING OUT AN ALTERNATIVE?

MEMORY VERSE
 He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Romans 4:20

READ
Genesis 16:1-4

Genesis 16:1 Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.

Genesis 16:2 And Sarai said unto Abram, Behold now, the Lord hath restrained me from bearing: I pray thee, go in unto my maid; it may be that I may obtain children by her. And Abram hearkened to the voice of Sarai.

Genesis 16:3 And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.

Genesis 16:4 And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.

MESSAGE
In this uncommon race that we have enlisted in, if you rest prematurely, or take your eyes off the daystar we are following, you will be distracted. Another thing that can divert your attention is opening your mouth prematurely to reveal your secret to 'sympathetic friends'. Never share a testimony until it is complete. Sometimes people have shared how years after a fruitless search for a job, they have eventually been called for an interview and that they are now awaiting their letter of appointment. When the enemy hears this, he or she may begin to manipulate situations, circumstances and those capable of influencing the decision. Such people may lose out in shame eventually.

Moreover, if you are truly determined to make it to Heaven, even though you have diverted at some point, you can be restored by the mercies of God. After Abraham had waited for many years for God's promise to be fulfilled, his wife came with a diversion: she asked them to help God by offering him her slave. From the time Abraham diverted to the bondwoman, God went into silence for about 13 years. But being a merciful God, after that period, God restored him again and from that moment, Abraham and God walked together in sweet harmony. The Lord who restored Abraham will restore you in any area you have diverted from His plan and purpose. Some people are becoming weary over the delay in the fulfilment of a particular promise. As a result some are dabbling into sin and trying out other alternatives. A head usher of several years standing could no long bear his wife's inability to have a child, so he packed up the marriage and went for divorce. Thereafter, he took another lady as wife and moved to another Gospel church. Years after, the second lady could also not have a baby. Would he divorce her too and go for a third? Beloved, when you go for an alternative, it shows you do not really trust in God. Believers who say they are heading for Heaven are now complicating their lives by getting themselves diverted out of impatience. Stay firm in God and He will sort you out


ACTION POINT

Thank God for seeing the end of this year. Pray that God will safely bring you into 2014 with grace and power.

19 comments:

  1. Lord I thank u for making me see the end of this year.I pray that u safely bring me and my family into 2014 ijn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My loving Father thank u for ur mercy and grace to see the last day of 2013,I pray that u will lead us into 2014 with ur grace and power thank u for loving me and I will always love u more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. King of glory , i thank u for making me witness the end of d year. Help me 2 stay firm wif u & let your grace & power abide with me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father lord, I thank u for making me an my family to see d end of 2013 . Aba father let ur grace n power lead me n my family into 2014, n we shall continuous to worship u all d days of our life, in Jesus might name I pray

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your messages and wish to Subscribe for 2014.How do I do it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lord who restored Abraham will restore me in any area I've have diverted from His plan and purpose, IJN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lord for bringing me and my entire house hold to the end of 2013. I'm thanking you ahead for 2014 for Your grace and power will see us through till the end. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Father Lord I thank You

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thank you LORD for this last day of the year and i pray today, you will safely bring me,my family and friends into 2014 with grace and power in jesus name AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Father l thank you for seeing me,my family and friends through the year 2013,thank you because you will lead us in to 2014 in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tnk u jesus 4 making me 2 c d end of 2013

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank u lord for your word .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oluwa ese ti e je kin ri ojo oni what can i say than to say thank you Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank u Lord for 2013 looking forward for a glorious 2014

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merciful God I thank you for seeing through out 2013..father let 2014 much greater than 2013 in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete

  16. Merciful God I thank you for seeing me through out 2013..father let 2014 much greater than 2013 in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank u my Father, my God for bringing me and my family through 2013.Daddy will safely bring me n my family into 2014 with grace and power. God sort me out in 2014. Amen

    ReplyDelete

    Total Pageviews